Chapter 10

Vic's POV

I turned around quickly, pretty startled by the sudden contact. I don't know who I expected it to be but I was a little surprised to see Alex standing there. "Hey Alex," I said casually. I knew talking to him might be a little awkward but I brushed it off. I'm not mad at him, I never was.

Alex was leaning against a chair with a nurse standing behind him in the doorway. "Listen," Alex said, sinking into the chair next to me. His eyes were halfway shut as if he couldn't keep them open. He didn't seem tired though. Weird.

"Vic, I'm sorry I didn't meant to come onto you or freak you out or whatever." I nodded about to say it was okay when he continued. "Besides I know Kellin called you so I had no right. I should apologize to him too," he mumbled to himself. I let everything he said set in before my jaw dropped.

"Called me?" I asked, keeping calm.

"Yeah?" Alex said, not noticing that I was boiling on the inside. "When you got here. Anyway I'm really sorry and I hope we're cool." I nodded at him absently, not focusing on him at all.

After his attention was off of me, Alex pulled himself closer to the table and grabbed a coloring book. Him and Tony started talking, both of them ignoring my now clenched jaw. I couldn't really pin my emotions right now. Above all the hurt and confusion there was anger.

I clenched my fist and tooked a deep breath, calming myself down. I was always good at that, not letting the anger get too out of control. I can bottle it up pretty well.

I'll wait for tonight to confront him. I didn't want to blow up and drag it around all morning plus I just want to push it off, keep it as bottled as I can because I hate confrontation. I really wouldn't say anything usually but I didn't like the idea of these guys viewing me as a toy in some game.

As I thought it over everyone came in for morning meeting. Kellin lazily came in the room and saw me, giving me a smile. The weird mood that he had been in before seemed to have disappeared. Guess it was my turn now.

"Hey," he said, causally pulling up a chair and sitting between me and Alex. I put on a fake smile and ignored him, waiting for the nurse to come in and start the meeting. She did a minute later thank god.

Everyone went around and stated how they were, what they want to do, and how they slept. I ignored it all, focusing on my hands. I know what comes after this. Group therapy. I'm for sure not talking today that's all I know. It would be really interesting and helpful to find out why some of the other guys are here. I really didn't think about it until now. I mean I guess there's a reason that every one of them is in this hospital.

The meeting wrapped up as everyone stood up to head over into group therapy. I stuck towards the back, sulking. Was I over reacting? I felt like such a girl but it didn't feel right to be used. I know what Kellin and I had, which was nothing at all we didn't even have sex, was just fun because he's bored. It's the same with me, I don't want a relationship with him because he seems to be way too much to handle. I thought it was a little more than a "hit it and quit it" kinda deal though.

The room filled up and the only seat left was between Zack and Tony. I thanked the lord quietly, happy with the fact that I didn't have to sit by Kellin. He was sitting between Matty and Alex, the usual. The three of them were like the wolf pack. You could tell they were very close even if they did only know each other for a week or less. Kellin has been here over 20 days which is pretty rare at these hospitals. The usual stay ranges from 4 to 10 days.

I wonder what was keeping him in here so long? I know he had a rough home life and had the assault but was there something more?

"Hey guys, group therapy time!" Dr. Hunter said, quieting us down. "You know the rules. Today I was wondering if we could have a few people talk about issues they are having or how they came to be in here. Not all of you know everyone's back story so it would help if you gave a little summary." He basically read my mind. I defiantly would feel more comfortable knowing more about these guys.