Chapter 26

A/N: I just want to start out by saying that I hope you guys won't hate me. Carry on.

VIC POV

The next morning I felt horrible. I woke up after an hour of sleep and rubbed my eyes, trying to knock the drowsiness away. The image of Kellin just standing there in the middle of the road haunted me all night. I don't know how I left him. I'm a pretty bad fucking person. As soon as I got home I regretted it. Mike wouldn't let me leave or be out of his sight when he saw my bloodshot eyes. I don't blame him I probably would have done something stupid.

I know I wasn't fair to Kellin I mean I didn't even let him tell me the whole story but something inside of me snapped. I think it just proves that I'm not ready for a relationship. I was pretty stupid jumping back into one so quickly after what happened. I guess I just needed the comfort. There's something so calming about knowing that there is someone there when you just want to lay in bed all day. That's what Kellin helped me with- he just made me feel safe.

I shook my head and finally got out of bed seeing as it was a little past noon. I checked my phone after brushing my teeth and found 2 missed calls from Alex. Wonder what he wants?

I put the phone to my ear after dialing his number, waiting for an answer. "Hey Vic," Alex answered.

"Hey man you called?"

"Yeah I wanted to hang out today. Just you and me." I let out a sigh. Did I really want to be around other people today? I feel like it's going to be hard enough to even be around Mike even.

"I don't know man. I'm not exactly in the best place." That's the one thing about having friends who have been in your situation before: they know how to treat you when things aren't going well.

"Say no more man. I'm going to lift your spirits. I'll be over in a half hour so make yourself all pretty for me," Alex said quickly, leaving me no time to argue.

"Fine," I grumbled, hanging up the phone after hearing his laugh. So okay he'll come over for a couple of hours and then I could be alone again.

I got ready for the day, trying to make myself at least seem that I was put together.

~*~

"So how are you?" Alex asked from next to me. We were both sitting on the basement floor, lyric books in hand while faintly listening to Brand New. Alex has been here for a half hour but we mostly made small talk. I guess he could tell somethings up.

"Not so great actually. Me and Kellin kinda broke up," I mumbled looking to the floor under me.

"I know," Alex answered simply. I gave him a shocked look silently telling him to continue.

"Uh Kellin called me last night." I felt an instant twist in my stomach.

"He's okay right?" I questioned. I just assumed after I left him he either went back inside or walked home. Fuck why did I leave him??

"He's alive man no worries. He just had a rough night." I nodded, really curious and anxious to see where this is going.

"What happened?"

"Well he kinda lost it. He's pretty fragile as it is. He ended up hanging out on the bridge and called me so I went out to get him before he did anything drastic. He's at my house now sleeping," Alex said slowly, gauging my reaction. I felt sick. Sick with myself and extremely pissed off. I can be so careless.

"I'm so sorry Alex I had no idea that would happen," I whispered, looking down at my hands. I looked over to the song that Alex and I were working on.

"It's okay man. You should probably talk to him though, you know get back together."

"I don't know if I want that though," I mumbled, hiding my face.

"Listen man I know he fucked up but he really didn't mean to kiss Craig and I can vouch for him on that" I nodded because I did really believe him.

"I know, I'm just not sure if I'm truly ready for a relationship in general. I don't want to lead Kellin on." Alex nodded even though he looked a little confused.

"Just talk to him man, maybe invite the guys over tonight? It would be easier to be around your friends. If anything goes wrong we can help."

I really really didn't want to hang out with anyone but being with the guys might keep my mind off things.

"Okay invite them," I said watching Alex pull out his phone, sending a group text. I felt my phone instantly buzz seeing as I was added to the group. My friends all confirmed that they would be over. The only one who didn't answer was Kellin. He could still be sleeping though so I brushed it off.

"It'll all be good Vic," Alex assured me before going back to the lyrics. I nodded and looked to the book too.

"Hearts on fire tonight, feel my bones ignite," Alex sung under his breath before writing it down. I smiled at him thinking how cool it would be if we could preform this together.

"We should get together a mini concert," Alex said basically reading my mind. "We could have it at the old abandoned warehouse and invite all the guys to preform. It would be like a huge party." I nodded my head, smiling at the thought.

"That would be sick man."

~*~

"Okay there better be more popcorn," Oli sighed, glaring at Alex who just finished the last of it. Alex just gave him a goofy smile.

"So Kellin never answered," I told Mike nervously, looking to the door. He hasn't answered Alex, not even in a private text. After Jack got here he did say that Kellin had been sleeping on and off all day. I guess last night must have taken a lot out of him.

"Anyone hear from Austin or Alan?" Matty asked, looking through my DVD collection. We all shook our heads. Both of them had answered the group text saying they would be here. As of now they're a half hour late. For some reason I felt sick like something was wrong. I looked over to Tony who seemed to be having the same thought. I'm sure it's nothing though. They could have just been fooling around and lost track of time. I decided to text Austin anyway, asking him if he was still coming. We didn't even pick a movie yet so they aren't missing anything.

"Harry Potterrrrr,"Mike whined, kicking his feet like a child.

"Home Alone!" Jack glared at Mike, pointing down to his Home Alone shirt.

"Wayne's World 2!" I butted in. Glaring at both of them.

"What about a happy medium- A Haunting In Connecticut?" Matty said holding up the DVD. Not really a happy medium but it's my favorite horror movie so I'm cool with it. Matty took my nod as a yes so he put the disc in, taking his spot next to me on the couch. I love scary movies even though they leave me unable to sleep at night. It made me really miss Kellin, wishing I had someone to cuddle into and hold hands with. Matty better be prepared because I might grab him out of instinct even though I've seen this movie a thousand times.

As I slowly got into the movie and slowly gave up on the thought of Kellin making an appearance I heard a frantic knock at the door. I looked to Mike, a little caught off guard because Mom and Dad were out for the evening. It could be Kellin.

I let my hopes climb as I went to answer the door, the frantic knocking seeming to grow more and more desperate. I pulled open the door as a wrecked looking Austin was posed to knock again.

"Austin? Are you okay??" I said nervously, taking in the appearance of the boy in front of me. He looked shell shocked as he walked into the room, stoping to stair at the guys. Okay this didn't seem good at all.

He looked so unlike himself, it seemed like he was hyped up on downers. His movements were so slow.

"Austin what is it?" Alex pressed, walking to stand in front of the tall boy. Austin mumbled under his breath but no one understood.

"A little louder mate," Oli said, jiggling his leg nervously. Austin finally actually looked at us, stoping when his eyes landed on me. There was a desperate look in them that really put me on edge.

"Alan's dead," he said quietly before dropping to his knees.

....