Chapter 15

Kellin's POV*

"Kellin? Kellin, it's time to get up." Someone was calling my name but I tried to stay under the waves of sleep. The bright lights from overhead got to me though so I squinted my eyes opened and looked at the pure white ceiling. It took me a few seconds to register where I am and what happened yesterday. When it all came crashing back into my head I felt sick.

"Kellin?" The person I now recognized as Dr. Way said. He was standing by the open door looking down at me.

"Yeah?" I half whispered, trying to wipe the sleep from my voice and eyes. It wasn't really working.

"Can you come with me?" I nodded and got up slowly walking out the door behind the doctor. He took me out into the same hallway I walked down yesterday. Nothing was different. Even though it seemed like it was pretty early in the morning there was still banging coming from a couple rooms down.

"This way," the doctor said, leading me into a small office at the far end of the hall. I walked in and sat down in the very uncomfortable computer chair across from Dr. Way.

"Okay Kellin. I have to say I am very surprised to see you down here. I heard what happened from the nurses and a few of the patients. It seems like you really scared some of them including

Vic." I nodded as he talked, already knowing all of this. It sucks to think that my anger actually scared my friends. It kinda makes me not want to go back there but hearing some distant shouting from a few rooms down reminded me that I didn't want to stay here either.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, looking down at my feet. "I just got unreasonably mad and I know that and I swear I won't let it happen again." Dr. Way nodded, scribbling in his always present notepad.

"Lucky for you Kellin that I believe you. I think you should spend the rest of the morning down here and then if you're good we can take you back upstairs." I tried not to show how happy I was but the smile just slipped out. The doctor smiled back at me and gave my shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"I'm glad to see you're okay now Kellin." I was about to answer when an ear shattering scream came from down the hall. It was loud enough to totally break through the closed door.

"Stay here," Dr. Way said, quickly getting up from his chair and running out the door. Curiosity got the best of me as I stood up and stuck my head halfway out the door.

There were nurses everywhere surrounding a person convulsing on the floor. It looked like currents of electricity were going through the person. From what I could see it was a women. She kept screaming, her hands up in the air waving around frantically . "Leave me go! Get away! Can't you see him?" She screeched, clawing at the nurses. "He's going to take us all!" Dr. Way walked up to her calmly as two nurses, one of them was Derek, got her into a sitting position. As the doctor got a needle out of his jacket and injected it into the women's arm I saw Derek's face. He had a huge scratch going from the side of his forehead to his chin.

The women fell to the floor, lifeless from the drug the doctor pushed in her. "Derek are you okay?" I heard one of the nurses ask, looking to the long haired man. "She scratched you pretty bad. What even happened?"

"I was just going in to give her her pills when she attacked me saying I was the devil," Derek explained, putting a hand to his face. He brought it down seeing the blood. (A/N this actually happened at the place I went to :X )

"Get to the nurses station," Dr. Way instructed as he pulled the women back into her room, shutting the door. Derek nodded and walked towards me, holding his face.

"All in a days work kid," he mumbled before giving me a weak smile and continuing down the hall. Shit. I would hate to have this job. I can't imagine the things these nurses and staff have seen. Craig told me how when he was down here some guy got out of his room and started to attack a guard while naked. Crazy shit man.