When Things Change

Drowsily, my eyes difted open sometime in the early morning; I was delighted to realise that Alyssa was still laid on my chest with our legs entwined. Closing my eyes in happiness, I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face. At last I finally felt content. Of course, later I realised what selfish thoughts they were that I was having. Looking down at Alyssa, I carefully tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, and saw the tear tracks that were racing down her face. I tensed all over, worry coursing through me faster than my blood. Placing my hand on her cheek, I slowly wiped away the tears while my other hand stroked up and down her back, desperately trying soothe any of her pain. 

As I held her in my arms and continued the soothing technique, at least five minutes passed. It felt like an eternity until she shuddered and relaxed in my arms. Then the tears stopped flowing. Still asleep, she languidly wrapped her arms around my neck while snuggling into my shoulder. The surge of pleasure that went through me at this act of closeness made my smile even wider, as I placed another kiss on her forehead. Thoughts raced through my mind, and I knew that this was an issue that I could no longer avoid. Camp. It wasn't possible for me to return with her as close as we were, Stephanie wouldn't accept it. And then no unity for the camp I had spent so many years looking after. I couldn't drop it all for a girl I'd just met, this wasn't some fairy tale stroy, this was everything in my life that I'd worked for. Besides, if I were to get attatched to her... I could never allow her to go home, I wouldn't be able to bear it to be spearated from her. Now that, that was a selfish thought. The only solution would be to be distant from now on, so any remnants of feeling  can disperse, and not allow any new ones in. It's for her safety.

It's for the best, it has to be. 

****

Sleepily, I was able to shake off the remaining dregs of sleep as it was the first time I'd slept the whole night through. Usually the nightmares were so violent and oppressing that I'd scream and cry myself awake. Hook always featured in them, always creating a new form of totrure, with more threats added. This time, he had my family there. They had shook their heads, begging for a death they knew would never arrive with the ruthlessness in Hooks eyes. There were many cuts that were featured all over their bodies; none were deep enough do deliver the damage they desired. Even Angus was there, the thought of his fluffly face brought a fresh wave of tears which I fiercely battled. I wouldn't allow myself the pelasure of a breakdown. 

From now on, I'd be strong. 

Wiping away any memories of the dream, I focused on the situation that I was currently in. 

Surprsingly, to say that I was on a beach it wasn't that uncomfy. Warmth spread through me, and my pillow- The pillow was Harley. Goofily, I smiled up at him, remembering how he was my personal heater throughout the night. As I cleared my thoat I began friendly conversation. "So... Uh, thanks for that whole rescue thing. I don't know how much longer I would have been able to last..."

As I said my thanks, his eyes never left my lips and then I was suddenly aware of the position that I was in. Our legs were entwined and I was laid on his bare chest, while his arms were tightly wrapped around me. Comfortable wasn't accurate enough at the moment. His sea green eyes, which could sometimes be blue but other times be green, analysed me for any present injuries. For some bizzare reason, I couldnt tear my eyes away from those red succulent lips. I swear he was repeating yesterday, as he drew those intoxicating patterns on my back. I couldn't help but shiver, and it definitely wasn't because of the cold. Unfortunately, his next words left me as angry as Angus without breakfast, and wiped away any fond and pleasant thoughts.

"Well, I had to protect my investment didn't I?" He asked.

I stared up at him in shock, waiting for the punchline.

Legend of PanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara