Rescuing Isn't Easy

Hook's ship had finally set sail, and currently we were sailing through one of the roughest storms I had ever laid eyes on. For some bizarre reason, I was on deck, and the ship was mercilessly throwing me against the wooden railing. I felt a scream mounting up in my throat, but instead of mindessly wailing, a name tore itself free.

"Harley!!"

Sea water matted my hair, and I squinted against the spray of the waves as I looked around the ship for the name of the man which had just escaped my throat. Daintily, I took a step forward, eager to find him for some unbeknown reason, but unfortunately the ocean had a reaction to this notion.

The ocean through another angry wave, and the ship gracelessly rolled over it, and my back was thrown against the railing again but this time, another body as cold as my own slammed into my chest. 

Gasping for breath, I peered up into eyes which were as blue as the ocean. His tanned skin was rough against my own, and speckles of water danced across his forehead. "Alyssa" He whispered, however I was distracted by the dark shadow that came up behind him. 

I couldn't even give him a warning. 

Sweat beaded along my own forehead as I jolted myself awake.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed straight into the woman's face before me, blinking away any remaining sleep. 

"I'm trying to help you dear!" She replied, carefully trying to keep her voice neutral.

I tried to remember the dream that I had just been ripped away from, but the more that  I chased it, the faster the dream ran away. All I could grasp was a single shadow. More deceit. 

Too many lies had been told for me to be able to trust anymore, blood sacrifices were occuring more often now, as Hook was more paranoid than ever that I would some how get away. I was still trying to figure that one out myself. The major problem was that I couldn't find the energy to walk more than a few steps, let alone an escape. 

Had I accepted the fact that I was stuck here? No, never. However it was getting harder and harder to keep my thoughts straight. 

"I said, don't touch me." I growled through gritted teeth. Hook had finally figured out that something was wrong when he barged into my room demanding my presence at dinner, and I responded by throwing up, all over his feet. Least to say, he wasn't impressed, and I was rewarded by being taken to the hull of the ship. Again. It was only when my head was lolling in the chair that he decided to bring me up here, and after a fitful doze I met the woman who was sat in the chair beside my bed.

Slowly, she withdrew her hands and as her stormy grey eyes reflected my own. I felt my anger gradually begin to dissipate. I couldn't remember the last time that I had been shown any sort of compassion, and it genuinely brought tears to my eyes. Then, an emotion that I had been trying to bury ever since I stumbled onto the ship arose: desperation. 

In an attempt to not appear any weaker than I already was, I closed my eyes. Images flashed before my eyes; I saw my house, mum, dad and even my German Shepherd named Angus, my own choice of course.

The woman with wispy grey hair and stormy eyes rested her palm against my forehead, at least I hoped it was her as my eyes were still shut.  But instead of screaming, I winced and automatically my brows drew together still allowing the woman this simple contact, and evident show of care. 

Dreams and thoughts were merging together, and in a last attempt of sanity I whispered "What's wrong with me."  A tortured sob escaped on the last word as the image of my family faded as i opened my eyes.