The Boy On The Dresser

A crash met my ears. I gasped and sat upright in bed, eyes wide open and my breath coming in short panicked gasps. I held my bed sheets in a death grip, and bit down my scream whilst realising it was just my hair falling out of its bun. My light brown hair fell in waves down my back. Shakily I wiped the beads of sweat from my forehead. Furious with myself for such childishness, I rubbed at my eyes. Gratefully I took the glass of water which still glistened with condensation and took a tasting sip. Realising my thirst, I started to gulp.

My light switched on, and a boy was sat on my dresser across the room from me; smirking he said "Someone's thirsty."

I lost the ability to think, and swallowing went with it. To avoid choking I spat water all over my blanket, sending a mental apology to my mother. My eyes went wide, and I just stared at the boy on my dresser.

He had dark hair, light blue eyes, which reminded me of a cloudless sky. A drawback was that his mouth kept moving, oh wait. He was talking.

"...broke your bobble. Judging by your gormless expression, you're not listening. Wait, are you in shock?"

He jumped down with incredible grace - wait he flew. This boy has just flown down off of my dresser. My breath came in those panicked gasps again and I took in a deep breath preparing myself to scream-

"Scream and you won't wake up until a week has passed. The faeries, and Pip for that matter, will make sure of it." He grinned, placing his hand over my mouth.

He scooped me up out of my bed and placed me on the floor, his hand still not allowing me to speak. I squeezed my eyes shut and begged that this moment was just a dream, and in three, two, one I would wake up. I peaked open one eye and jumped at the eye staring back.

"You're taller than they said." He observed, openly staring into my face. as he removed his hand. "And like I just said, Pip broke your bobble. She was only messing with you. I think." 

"What are you doing in my room? Who are you? Who's Pip!?"

"Slow down speedy, we are going to be spending a lot of time together, so easy on the questions. This, is Pip" He held out his hand, and around the orange glow there was a lilac haired fairy, dressed in purple leaves. 

"Time?" I wheezed. "This is insane! Just get out and go!" My current predicament made no sense, and I longed for normality, so sending him home seemed quite rational.

"Alright, I'll go. And as you're so eager to not listen to me, I'll just skip the chat and take you with me." Then his hand was clenched around my wrist, and my throat constricted as he dragged me to the window. The cool pleasant breeze ruffled my shorts and t-shirt which I was sleeping in, and the bedroom intruder pulled me up to step on the ledge with him. The window slid open from the bottom to the top and was a good two metres high. He looked at me, asking "Ready?"

Vehemently I shook my head, my eyes filling as I asked "Explain this,"

"There should be a please in there somewhere I believe" He retorted.

I let go of any remaining pride and whispered "Please."

He choked back a laugh, " You really don't know who you are, do you?"

I shook my head again. Suddenly he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, which was met by a tomato redness in my cheeks on my behalf, and he retorted "Well, you're about to find out,"

And that's when the darkness overtook everything, and all that I knew turned to black...