Chapter 17 - The Morning After

I start to climb up the stairs. I'm stressed for Teresa, I have no idea how we would sneak Martin out.

"GOT TO PAY YOUR DUES IF YOU WANNA SING THE BLUES AND YOU KNOW IT DON'T COME EASY!" I bellow as I climb the stairs. I pass Hank's room, and his door is open.

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOUT OR LEAP ABOUT, YOU CAN EVEN PLAY THEM-" I continue, but before I can finish, Hank, who is sitting on his bed reading a comic book, throws his pillow at me.

"Can you shut up? You're always so loud." He whines at me.

I toss his pillow back to him. "Whatever, Henry." I use his full name to piss him off and continue the short distance down the hall to my room.

I knock a few times, then open the door, slowly. There I find Teresa sitting on her bed, sitting in her pajamas, braiding her hair.

"I really enjoyed your singing, but what was the point of it?" She asks.

"I was, ya know," I start.

She raises her brow at me. "I don't know."

"I was trying to alert you and Martin."

"Martin? Why would Martin be here?" She laughs, but her voice is squeaky.

"Andy and I didn't party with Dave, Gemma, and Vince, we came back here to hang out, but we found we couldn't do anything because you and Martin were occupied. Andy and I fell asleep in the back garden, because we wanted to get away from you two."

Teresa's face turned pink. "Does Mum know?"

I shake my head. "No, she sent me up here to call you down for breakfast." I stand up and go over to our small closet door, and open it, expecting Martin to be hiding among pairs of shoes.

"He's not in there, he went home, uh, afterwards." She says, quietly.

I close the door. "Just checking. Are you coming downstairs?"

She nods. "Yes I will."

***

I return to the kitchen to see Hank and Andy talking about Doctor Who.

"I enjoyed your impromptu serenade, Eve, but next time can you do it when you're home alone? You were loud, and off key. I think you scared Andy." My mother jokes.

I flash Andy a smile, and he returns it, then continues listening to Hank discuss his theories.

Teresa enters the kitchen, and Andy shoots me a look. I return him a look that says 'it's all under control' and he nods.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." My mother says. She's totally oblivious.

***

After Andy leaves, I sit down on the couch in the living room and begin to flip through magazines lying on the table. I hear the phone ring, and Hank, who is still in the kitchen, answers it.

"Hullo?" Hank says. "Oh, okay. EVE! IT'S FOR YOU!"

"Okay, okay, no need to yell." I say, getting off the couch and walk into the kitchen. I take the phone from Hank, and shoo him out of the room.

"Hello?" I say into the receiver.

"Hey, Eve." A voice says, it sounds like Dave's. He sounds upset.

"Dave, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Gemma told me she loved me last night, and I said 'thank you', and dropped her off at her house and went home." Dave says.

"Do you love her?" I ask.

"I don't know."

"Do you want me to come over?" I ask.

"Yes."

——
ooh drama!
long time no update! this was kind of a filler chapter, i apologize. who's your favorite sibling? lately i've been a hank fan.
i have been updating + been writing new stories so check my page for more!
hope you all are well!