Chapter 11: History

"How long more are they going to try...?" Alastor muttered to himself, his head resting on his hand as he sat against the wall of the main hall. His eyes locked on the piano, tempted to play it. Just as he stood up to clear his mind, he heard an angelic voice echo through the halls. He noticed the sun slowly rising from the huge window behind him, still enchanted by the voice.

He sat on the chair as his fingers trembled once it was met with the glossy keys of the piano. "It's... been awhile..." he muttered. He then began to play the tune of the song. It caught the attention of the mysterious singer, and the footsteps became louder as the singer came closer to the hall. The door opened slightly to reveal a smiling (y/n). Alastor looked at her, surprised that she woke up by herself. He paused playing, and (y/n) spoke up "N-No! Keep on playing, I'll keep you company." She walked over to him as he began to play again.

He snapped his fingers and his microphone appeared in (y/n)'s hands. She began to sing into the microphone "Shadows settle on the place, that you left. Our minds are troubled by the emptiness. Destroy the middle, it's a waste of time, from the perfect start to the finish line... And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones, 'Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs. Setting fire to our insides for fun, Collecting names of the lovers that went wrong..." (y/n)'s smile faded into sadness as she recalled bad memories.

Alastor then looked at her sad face and sang "We are the reckless, We are the wild youth. Chasing visions of our futures." He chuckled "One day you'll reveal the truth, but some will die before they get there. And if you're still bleeding, you're the lucky ones. 'Cause most of our feelings, they are dead and they are gone. We're setting fire to our insides for fun, collecting pictures from the flood that wrecked your home."

(Y/n) sighed and sang "Well I've lost it all, I'm just a silouhette. A lifeless face that you'll soon forget. My eyes are damp from the words you left, ringing in my head, when they broke my chest... Ringing in my head, when they broke my chest... And if you're in love, then you are the lucky one. 'Cause most of us are bitter over someone. Setting fire to our insides for fun, to distract our hearts from ever missing them..." Alastor stood up and gave her a warm and comforting hug. "I know it's hard (y/n)... and I'm sorry you had to go through so many hardships."

(Y/n) gave a sad smile "It's okay..." she replied before the Alastor escorted her out of the room. She felt safe somewhat knowing that he was there with her. "Alastor... who do I trust...?" she muttered. Alastor placed his hands on her warm shoulders, his grip was firm but not painful as he looked at her confused state. "Listen to me (y/n)." He began, voice clear but warm and caring.

"When deer runs into a pair of glaring headlights, it is stricken by fear, fear to loose itself and it's family. It has compassion and love, a good intention towards the animals of the forest, and do little harm to their peers. But snakes, they deceived the first humans to eat the fruit from the forbidden tree of good and evil, wrapping around their prey and squeezing them with lies upon lies. Deception and confusion to make people think they are the angel they've been waiting for. So please, if ever in doubt, remember what I told you. You can't trust them, and once you stop trusting them, they will leave you in peace."

(Y/n) smiled as Alastor released his grip, fixing his velvet red, two-toned hair. (Y/n) looked at his charming face as he was busy straightening out his suit, and her heart raced slightly. Her cheeks became slightly red in embarrassment when Alastor took notice of her, asking "Hmm? Anything wrong?" (Y/n) shook her head and rubbed her cheeks, which Alastor found cute and chuckled. "You're such a doll."

As she heard those words, a hint of familiarity seemed to hit her. She then took Alastor by the hand and attempted to lead him to her room, but was stopped by the red haired demon, questioning "Where are you taking me, kitten? You're not bringing me to your room to do suggestive things, are you?" The devilish chuckle made her blush and roll her eyes. "No I'm not. When you complimented me, I felt like I've heard that somewhere before. Let me show yo-" she was cut off by Alastor picking her up bridal style and teleporting from the main hall to her room.

"Now what was it that you wanted to show me?" He smirked somewhat seductively. He set (y/n) down and she picked up her tattered school bag, that surpisingly was on her even after the seniour bullies and when she returned home, taking out her vintage cassette player and tapes. It's maroon shade seemed to interest Alastor as he walked closer to it, sitting down next to (y/n), curious. "I found this in an alleyway when I was thrashed by those seniors we saw a few weeks ago. I've felt comfort ever since I listened to tapes. There are three of them, each dated, and has both a song and a story from the host."

Alastor picked one up and took a look at the date. Shocked, he took the other two, then grabbed the cassette player, flipping it upside down to see carved initials and familiar scratches. "I can't believe you found it..." he mentioned. (Y/n) looked at him, asking "You know who's this is?" Alastor nodded and snapped his fingers, revealing a button on the cassette player. He pressed it, and the player unfolded itself into a brass phonograph, better known as a gramophone, which is a device for the mechanical recording and reproduction of sound back in the 1930s.

The gramophone wasn't an actual working one with records, and was still a cassette player, just transformed. Alastor inserted the tape in the bottom slot and stood up, summoning his microphone, as he took a deep breath in and...