Chapter 15: The Past

"Do you know about the past...?" His voice echoed as he held her hand, looking into her eyes. (Y/n) shook her head. Alastor sighed "Where do I even begin...? Well.. we can start with why I didn't kill you when we met. It was because it was against your father's will. I've been working with your family even before your mother died. This here house use to be mine before I was... sentenced to death, and your father acquired it. When I was summoned to his side to fulfil his request, I wondered why on earth I was summoned back here. That's how I know where you live."

"He made a secondary contract with me just before he died and well... it went something like this." Alastor seemed to wave his hand and the past event seemed to fill the room. The event was just before (y/n)'s father was about to kill himself. "Alastor." Her father called out. "Yes sir?" Alastor responded as he re-acted the scene. "There is a reason I've summoned you to my office tonight." Her father spoke, sadness in his voice. "What is it?" Alastor questioned, his hands behind his back.

"I need you to take care of my young daughter. Watch over her, but do not interfere with her life. If she ever feels lonely, assure her by giving her a feeling of hope, that she's going to be alright. I will give this mansion back to you, for it was yours in the first place. Make a deal with me for my soul that you will protect her until she dies." (Y/n)'s father pleaded as he placed the rope around his neck. "And instruct Gideon to tell her after she returns from school to never come back to this house. I don't want her to see how much of a pathetic family she has."

"Oh and one last thing" stated her father "you cannot harm my child or hold a knife at my child. A scratch on her body and our deal is broken. You will have no custody over my soul, and my soul will ascend back to heaven if you do break the rite." Alastor nodded as her father hung himself. (Y/n) covered her eyes as Alastor walked back to her. "I hurt you that day when I was protecting you from those rabid wolves, and i'm glad that your father is happy in heaven. Our rite has been broken, and I can't stay here on earth without a rite."

(Y/n) looked at him confused "T-Then how are you still here?" All he did was sigh and reply "You might not be happy if you found out." (Y/n) was slightly angered for he wasn't telling her things she should know. "Remember when we met? My wish is your command? You said it yourself." Alastor chuckled and the two were back in (y/n)'s room, the demon pinning her to the wall. "Be careful what you wish for, sweetheart. You might not like how I give it to you." His sharp fingers around her neck as their eyes met. He looked ever so sinister as she was slightly afraid.

"A-And what do you get out of this?" She tried to laughed away her fear. Alastor let go of her neck and replied "I don't get anything but pure pleasure to see you fearing me. My dear, you seek answers for the questions you don't want to know, and you seek happiness in a world of pain and suffering. You can't trust them, but you can only trust me. I promise with my very existance, that I will keep you safe." (Y/n) looked at him in the eye and questioned with a smirk. "And how can I be sure that this promise of yours is sealed? That you won't turn into a murderer and harvest my soul?"

Alastor rolled his eyes "Well, if you want something that's long lasting, I suppose that if I should most probably think of something with a long lasting effect." He grabbed (y/n) by the waist, twirled her around and kissed her on the lips with a smirk. He then pulled away, "How about that for a promise, kitten?" He said with the smirk still on his face. (Y/n) blushed really hard as her heart raced. "U-Um... yeah.." She replied, stunned. Alastor snapped his fingers and they were back in the present.

"It's getting late. You should rest. I will check on you in the morning." He told her, turning off the lights. (Y/n) just nodded and fell onto her bed, embarrassed and a blushing mess. As he left the room, all she could think about was that very moment that had just happened. But just as she was busy with that very thought, she head a noise that resembled metal against metal. She stood up and listened again, hoping that she could find out what and where that that sound was coming from.

There it was again with it's same faintness, and she seemed to be enchanted by it. She opened the door quietly and left her room, tip-toeing her way down the grand staircase. The sound seemed to get louder, but yet nobody else seemed to be disturbed by it. She quietly made her way to what seemed to be an antique table with drawers at the bottom. She recognised this to be of her mothers', and opened a drawer. There she found a key, in which was glowing a faint cyan and wasn't actually made from metal at all. Once she picked it up, the sound she was hearing just stopped and it was silent.

She looked at it, wondering what it could be used for, but before she made too much noise she hurried back up to her room, away from one of the living rooms she had entered. She closed the door behind her and gazed at the glowing key, filled with curiosity. "What could it be for...?" She wondered.