Chapter 8: Odd Behaviour

"You should know better than to barge in, (Y/n)." Alastor said with a stern voice. "Please knock next time. I was having a heated discussion with... Seryla." He then cleared his throat. "Sorry, It just reminded me of how my mother and father would fight when my father was drunk or high. I hated it whenever I heard fighting and always wanted to stop a fight, even If I were to get hit." (Y/n) replied.

"Such a curious child you are, but all I can tell you now is that by accidentally hurting you, my rite with your father has been broken. I will fill you in soon, but not now. There is more that meets the eye here, and you must be observant. I'm trying to figure out something else myself, and do me a favour by not getting too close to Seryla. I have a feeling that she has bad intentions. Now come, It's time for dinner. You slept for almost the whole day after that stupid wolf incident. I'll make you something and eat with you to keep you company."

Alastor escorted (Y/n) to the dining area as he pulled out a seat, gesturing for her to take a seat. A face full of regret was clearly shown on her face, and no matter how much she tried to hide it, Alastor saw right through her. She took her seat as Alastor pushed in her chair, snapping his fingers as dishes appeared in front of her. "These aren't poisoned... right?" (Y/n) questioned softly. Alastor chuckled, keeping his anger at bay from the earlier incident, and replied "No dear, it isn't. Eat up."

What Alastor had prepared on her plate was a simple yet delectable dish, where the presentation itself is able to entice anyone. It was a fillet of fish accompanied with a colourful vegetable salad that had a concoction of vineger and some herbs on it. At the side was a small ceramic dessert bowl that had Crème Brûlèe that had a thick caramel layer on top. (Y/n) thanked Alastor, who's hand was fidgeting, tapping the table top. She ate it and his food wasn't bad, in fact it was great!

"You make really good dishes, Alastor..." she complimented, shy and afraid to upset him. All he did was nod his head once, acknowledging her praise. After the meal and the creamy dessert, (y/n) covered her mouth, yawning, clearly still tired of all the events that took place that day. Alastor stood up, went over to her, and carried her bridal style all the way to her bed. He set her down and kissed the back of her hand before leaving the room, his eyes demonic, and clearly upset.

He went down the stairs and and into the library, pulling the books in the right order before going to the cellar. He went to (Y/n)'s late father's office, their rite still shattered on the ground. He made the broken wine glass hover and he slowly mended the pieces back together saying "I hereby claim this new rite, that I am the protector of the new mistress in the house. My end of the deal shall be her well being. If she were to die, her end of the deal will be that I, who posses her soul, will take her back to Hell, where I may to protect her furthermore."

The wine glass began glowing and transformed into a thick book with a velvet dark green hardcover. The pages were somewhat worn and tattered and had a wooden bookmark. Alastor placed a few more things inside the book before he placed it into one of the drawers, locking it with a special key, before leaving the office and getting out of the library, relieved. The key disappeared right after, and not even he knew where it went. "It will be the end of me if I broke another." He muttered as he walked through the hallways.

"Broke another what?" A chuckle echoed in the halls as Alastor looked out a big window to find the midnight moon radiating in the sky, stars twinkling along side it. "What do you want you snake?" Alastor chuckled in response. "We've been friends for awhile. I've been his personal butler for years, yet master trusted you more and favoured you." Gideon appeared with a grin on his face. Alastor turned around and locked his eyes with Gideon as his black, slick backed hair shined with the light of the moon, making his hair look silky.

"Well, not to brag or anything, but I am pretty great." Alastor teased. Gideon punched him in the arm jokingly before he mentioned "It's really quiet here, isn't it?" Alastor nodded as the two faced the moon before them, outside the huge window that stood tall. "Things will never be the same between us. You know that right?" Gideon spoke up. "I know. But we both also know that none of us are going to play fair." Alastor chuckled before gesturing his finger slicing across his neck. Gideon laughed before walking away. "My My... This shall be interesting."

Alastor sighed "Indeed it will... bastard..." before walking away with a sad smile. The night went by and the morning sun began to peek through all the blinds. Alastor went to the second floor and knocked on a white wooden door. "(Y/n), it's time to wake up. You need to eat your breakfast." He then entered and patted her head lightly before opening the window. (Y/n) hissed at the sudden brightness and turned the other side. "It's Saturday. Let me sleep." She complained, tired.

All Alastor did was chuckle before he forced (Y/n) to get out of her bed. She washed up and got ready for the day, still tired. She threw on something that she found in her closet and went down, to meet the three, Alastor, Gideon, and Seryla. "Morning you three." She greeted. "Morning." They all bowed, even Alastor, which was surprising, and even more so when he glided his sharp, but glossy, claws against her back.

"What was that for?!" (Y/n) whispered to him, annoyed. He playfully shrugged with a smile before the three left to the kitchen. Something seemed of... they were all too nice to each other. (Y/n) was determined to find out what was going on.