Endeavour |13| (girlxgirl)

XIII .

My feet sunk into the soft, shore line sand, while I watched the other three in the water as I lay here soaking up the sun, on the minimal amount of skin exposed through my clothing. I heard my phone vibrating besides me, my hand feeling blindly for it while my other blocked the sun out my eyes like visor. I rolled my eyes when I saw that it was my sister calling for the third time today, making it a habit to call every four-hours to make sure I'm still breathing.

“Hello?” I answered, hearing shuffling down the phone along with talking of numerous people in the back ground making me raise an eyebrow to myself.

“Nichole, what took you so long to answer?” Her voice sounding annoyed and somewhat relieved.

“Sorry, I was sun bathing.” I muttered sitting up.

“You up to anything else tonight or today? You're not drinking are you?”

“Yes, I'm drinking, and later tonight I think we are having a bonfire.” I shrugged, even though I know she can't see it.

“You better not be drinking any alcohol Nichole, I'll be asking Macie, later. Anyway, I best go, I have loads of paper work to write up. I love you and enjoy yourself, I'll call you later tonight.”

“Okay, I love you too. Bye.” I replied hanging up the phone to see Macie approaching me, her long mahogany hair wet and dripping down her chest while she wore her black bikini bra and short surfer shorts.

“Pass me a towel, please. Who was that?” She asked while I handed her a blue towel.

“My sister, checking up on me fifty times a day.” I smiled slightly as she towel dried her hair, ruffling it between the fabric.

“You not going in the water?” She questioned sitting down next to me on the blanket, my eyes watching Jason and Janey laughing and kissing.

“I don't have good skin, besides I need to catch some sun.” I replied turning my head to the right to look at her.

“Your skin is beautiful, and it's only us. You shouldn't be afraid to go in the water.” She commented, kissing my cheek.

I looked down at my feet still under the sand, the soft breeze blowing my hair slightly across my face. I let out a small sigh wishing I could go in the water and not care about what any one thinks, but I know questions would be asked continuously when they saw them.

I felt Macie's arm snake around my waist pulling me close against her, her skin still damp from the water as the sun beat down on the two of us. I felt her fingers draw aimless circles along the side of my hip, I rested my head on her shoulder feeling her lips press against my hair.

Macie's P.O.V