Endeavour |10| (girlxgirl)

X .

The rain came down in hard sheets, hitting against the window in a rhythm that was almost calming while I sat in the living room. I was practically running away from my problems now, not turning up to school for a week, staying confined within this house was the best option I had. Kal tried to encourage me to go, but I refused to leave my bed. So now my days consisted of staying locked up inside my room, and my nights consisted of sitting in the living room with Kal watching T.V.

I gave up on trying to eat my feelings when I wasn't hungry, most of the time I skipped on food which started to worry my sister.

I looked down at my hands, picking at my nails wishing I could go back to all the secrets I was keeping. I don't know which time is worse – when I first moved in with Kal, and the neighbours were talking about my old home. Or now, them talking about Macie and me, finally leaving the Winson's family alone because they have something new to talk about. I hadn't seen anyone in almost four days, Janey tried to come around to talk to me, to see how I was doing but I stayed in my room. Macie hasn't spoken to anyone to let them know she was okay, thinking about her made my heart tighten like a vice was clamped around it.

I heard a pounding on the front door making me jump looking towards it in the hall way, I heard Kal get up with a sigh as she murmured something under her breath. Her hand touching my shoulder lightly a tiny smile on her face as she made her way to the door. I hunched over the arm of the chair ready to hide if it was someone I didn't want to see.

I felt a lump form in my throat making it hard to breathe when I saw her standing there dripping wet, "she won't even talk to me, she doesn't even acknowledge me any more." Her voice sounding weak, her clothes soaked through from the rain as she slightly shivered.

I watched Kal's arms wrap around her tightly, Macie's arms wrapping around her waist. I heard my sister tell me to go up stairs and get some towels and dry clothes for her, I did as she said without any hesitation taking two steps at a time as I climbed the stairs. I went into my room searching through my closet looking at the numerous tops when I came to my favourite grey one that I stole from her, I made my way to the bathroom opening the cabinet cupboards taking two white towels out. I practically jumped down the stairs, to get down to the living room where she was standing.

I felt myself choke slight at how she looked, so vulnerable, so small from her usual self. I dropped the towels and clothes onto the sofa as I helped her take her wet top off, her skin so cold against mine when she held onto my arms to get out her jeans. She just stood there in her underwear as I wrapped a warm towel around her, pulling her against me into a hug. I saw Kal standing in the doorway, a smile on her face as she saw the two of us.

I pulled away from the hug handing her the shirt to put on while I walked over to the sofa taking the blanket off the back, we both sat down wrapping her in the Afghan to keep warm. I felt her head rest on my shoulder as she huddled tightly into the blanket, I pressed my lips against her head without having to think about it as my arms wrapped tightly around her.

"She hates me." Her voice sounding feeble as she whispered to me, Kal walked over joining us both on the sofa. Her hands clasped together between her knees.

"I'm sure she doesn't." Kal rubbed her leg trying to comfort her.

"She does. She can't even look at me, she hasn't spoken to me because of all this." Her voice starting to crack, "and I don't know what to do. I have no dad to go to." I felt my eyebrows furrow at what she just said.

"She's kicked you out?" I asked pulling away to look at her face, I watched her jaw twitch slightly as she tensed and relaxed it quickly.

"Pretty much." She sighed leaning back, I looked to my sister for help on what to say but even she, a social worker was lost for words.