Endeavour |3| (girlxgirl)

III .

Looking out the window I could see the snow falling slowly, the flakes in big clumps as the full moon illuminated the glistening white blanket. I pulled my thick purple hoodie over my head making my hair go static, I walked out my room trying to flatten it as I made my way down the stairs hearing someone knock on the door.

I opened it feeling the cold air wrap around me causing my hairs to stand on end, a smile on Macie's lips Sarah standing next to her linking arms with her. “Come in.” I ordered stepping to the side while they walked into the warmth.

I hugged Sarah awkwardly before Macie took me in her arms lifting me up off the floor in a tight bear hug, putting me back down on the wooden floor I turned around to go to the living room.

“You off out?” Kal asked looking over at me, the laptop balancing on her legs.

“Yeah, I won't be out late.” I answered kissing her cheek before I left the living room, “I have my phone.” I called as I left the house following Sarah and Macie out, closing the front door behind me.

“Oh by the way, I have to be back in half-an-hour.” Sarah pointed out checking her phone, presumably for the time.

“It takes twenty-minutes to walk to yours from mine.” I commented looking down at my feet as they sunk into the snow while we walked along the pavement. The roads pretty much deserted besides the odd taxi bringing people to or from their homes, the street lights making the snow glow an artificial orange.

“That means I have ten-minutes left.” Her tone full of annoyance, “she hasn't even been out for five-minutes and she wants me gone.” Her eyes looking over at me as she linked arms with Macie again, her head looking towards the sky trying to drone out Sarah's ramblings.

“I was just saying, that was all.” I defended myself, I watched her pull her phone out her pocket dialling a number while she turned to look at me.

I knew before she even spoke the words she was talking to her mum, trying to arrange another time for her to go home, I noticed Macie looking down at me with an apologetic look placed on her face to excuse Sarah's behaviour. I kept looking forward, noticing Sarah's head turning to look at me as she hung up the phone sliding it back into her pocket.

“I have until nine-thirty.” She pointed out, her voice sounding smug indicating I have to put up with her for two-and-a-half hours.

“So what do you want to do?” Macie said breaking the awkward silence, her hands clasped together waiting for one of us to answer her.

“Lets go Jerry's coffee house, I need a hot chocolate to warm myself up.” Sarah answered.

I just looked down at the ground and walked in silence, knowing whatever I say she'd snap at me for even opening my mouth. I still don't understand why she dislikes me so much, I haven't taken Macie from her, they still see one another just as much before I came into the scene. Even when I first met them you could tell their friendship was strained, but I could never work out why until Macie told me what she tried to do. Even after all that she still acts there for her and sees her pretty much everyday.