epilogue

epilogue
you've reached selene blackwood

epilogue you've reached selene blackwood

"HEY, YOU'VE REACHED Selene Blackwood. Sorry I missed your call, but if you leave a voicemail, I'll probably call you back as soon as I can. Have a nice day. Bye now."

That's the twelfth call. The twelfth time Ambrose has called Selene, and it's gone to voicemail. All he wants is for her to answer the call, and let him know she's okay. Normally, Ambrose would smile at the sound of Selene's voice, but her voicemail is so misleading. It sounds so innocent and kind that you would never believe what she's been put through. If you heard her voicemail, you'd think she's like any other teenager, but she's nothing like every other teenager.

"Ambrose, we should probably go home and get some sleep," Sabrina breathes, looking at Nick and Ambrose, who are both just as exhausted as she is. None of them have slept in three days, and you can certainly tell it by the circles under their eyes.

"No," Ambrose shakes his head tiredly. "I'm not leaving here until I find her."

"But if we got some rest, we could come back-"

"No," Nick cuts Sabrina off. "We have to find her."

It's been two days since the Greendale Thirteen and the Angel of Death swept through town, and nobody's seen Selene. She passed out after using hellfire to destroy the witches and the angel, and she used so much of the power that she passed out in the middle of the woods and hasn't woke up yet.

The entire coven has been combing the woods, but they haven't found anything yet. Sabrina, Ambrose, and Nick are still in the woods searching. Faustus even tried a locator spell, but it's as though his daughter fell off the face of the earth. So Faustus called the one person he knew could help—Caroline Reynolds. Caroline is a powerful witch that's over a thousand years old, and she knows almost every form on magic.

As soon as Caroline steps out of her black limousine, she smirks at Faustus, who had been waiting impatiently for her for hours. "Wow. This place is just how I remember it. A hell hole. So why did you bring me back here, anyway?"

"I need help finding my daughter," Faustus informs, terrified Selene is dead as he hands her one of Selene's jackets. "Can you help me find her?"

"You know I can," Caroline smirks as Faustus rushes her into the academy. "Get me a map, a knife, candles, and some wine."

"What's the wine for?" Faustus deadpans, growing confused.

"I'm gonna need some buzz to get this thing going."

Faustus rolls his eyes at the blonde before going to fetch what she asked for. Within five minutes, he returns with them and sets them down on the floor. He lays the map down on the floor, setting the candles on top of it. He then hands Caroline the map and the wine. She pops open the wine bottle before throwing her head back roughly and easily downing half of it. She then takes Faustus' hand and uses the knife to cut it. She lets his blood pool on the map before she cuts her own hand, letting it do the same thing. Once their blood has mixed on the map, she closes her eyes and mutters a locator spell, urging Selene to make her whereabouts known. And sure enough, Selene's soul reaches out to Caroline, the girl she had known all those years ago.

And as soon as she does, Caroline's eyes shoot open and she smiles. "Found her."

"Where?" Faustus raises an eyebrow as she stands up.

"Follow me."

And he does exactly that. He follows her into the middle of the woods of Greendale, and after walking for about fifteen minutes, they come across the same clearing Selene had passed two nights before. Caroline then raises her perfectly manicured finger, pointing at the foliage. "She's right through there."

Caroline stays put, but Faustus hastily walks through the foliage to find his daughter on the forest floor. Her lips are blue, and her eyes are shut as if she's asleep. But one thing that puzzles him is her hair. Unlike its usual color, it looks like the color of a burning fire. "Selene..."

He lets out a cry of pain as he drops down next to his daughter's body, thinking that she's dead. But when he touches her neck gently, he finds a pulse. "Oh, thank Satan. She's alive."

He sighs in relief as he picks her up bridal-style, and the pair rush back to the academy. Faustus takes Selene to the academy's clinic while Caroline summons the rest of the coven to let them know they found Selene.

The witch doctor gives Selene an IV before giving her fluids to make sure she stays hydrated. The doctor, however, can't figure out how to wake Selene up, so when nobody else is looking, Caroline sneaks into Selene's room. She heaves a sigh before she pulls a handful of purple dust from a bag. She then leans down, and blows it in Selene's face gently.

And as soon as the dust touches Selene's skin, the girl jerks awake with a gasp. Her heart instantly begins to beat faster, and when she lays eyes on Caroline, her eyes widen. "Caroline?"

"The one and only," Caroline replies, walking over to the sink and washing the dust off of her hands. "I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me."

"I- I did," Selene nods, shifting uncomfortably in the bed

"I- I did," Selene nods, shifting uncomfortably in the bed. "What are you doing here?"

"Your dad called me," Caroline shrugs, before walking towards the door. "He also summoned the council, so be prepared to answer a lot of questions. I'll be sticking around for a while, but until then, toodles."

She then saunters out of the room, letting the door shut behind her. She walks over to the nurses desk. "Selene Blackwood is awake."

The nurse's head snaps up in confusion, but Caroline has already walked off. The nurse then hurries to Selene's room to find that she is, in fact, awake. She sighs in relief before rushing out of the room to tell everybody the good news.

It's only a matter of time before Sabrina, Nick, and Ambrose come running down the hallway towards Selene's room, happy that she's awake and fine. And as soon as the trio rush into the room, they bombard her with questions.

"Are you okay?"

"Where have you been?"

"I took a little nap after sending the angel and some of the witches back to hell," Selene's lips form a smirk as she winces, pulling the IV out of her arm. She's never felt so powerful, like she can do anything with the snap of her fingers. And she's never felt better. She also can't help but notice that Sabrina's once blonde hair is now a platinum, almost white color. She would later learn that Sabrina had also summoned hellfire three nights before. "But I feel fucking fantastic."

UNEDITED

author's note:okay, so here's the epilogue. i hope you guys enjoyed reading this! if you did, please go check out some of my other stories and vote and comment. yesterday, i decided i'll be writing a chapter for the holiday ep, but i can't write that until the 14th so🤷🏻‍♀️

END OF BOOK ONE