20 | necromancy

twenty
necromancy.

DESPITE EVERYTHING THAT'S going on, Selene is still forced to go to the Academy of Unseen Arts for classes

DESPITE EVERYTHING THAT'S going on, Selene is still forced to go to the Academy of Unseen Arts for classes. But after class, she finds herself in her gym coach's office making out with Nick. It doesn't make her feel better about Tommy, but it does distract her.

But when she pulls away, he's confused. "What's wrong?"

"Your hands," Selene answers in disbelief.

"They're on your waist."

"I know. What am I, a nun?" Selene remarks, a mischievous smirk finding its way onto her lips. "Put them somewhere useful."

Nick's eyes darken as he picks her up, wrapping her legs around his torso before he rests his hands on her butt. "Better?"

"Much," Selene beams, wrapping her arms around his neck as she pulls him into another kiss. They continue to do so for a while before the pair pause, hearing voices from outside the office. Selene pulls away from Nick, moving to lock the door before she realizes its Agatha and Dorcus' voices. She doesn't know who they're talking to, but they sound so smug. And it wouldn't of mattered to her what they're talking about, but it peaks her interest once she hears Sabrina's name.

"Oh, you didn't hear?" Dorcas questions. "There was a terrible accident at the mines."

"A bunch of mortals died," Agatha adds with the same level of smugness in her voice. "It's tragic, really. Or it would be if the Kinkles weren't a family of dirty witch hunters. Funeral's today. Heard they're buying an empty casket."

The duo laugh, and Selene's eyes widen. "Holy crap. It wasn't an accident."

Selene then collects her jacket from the floor, and stuffs it in her bag. Nick raises an eyebrow. "Where are you going?"

"I'm really sorry, but I have to go," Selene breathes, throwing her bag over her shoulder. She then leans forward and kisses Nick one more time, the warmth of his kiss lingering on her lips. "I'll call you later, okay?"

"Okay," he smiles at her before she hurries out of the room, and runs through the woods to the Spellman's house.

By the time she gets there, Tommy's funeral is over and apparently, it was a disaster. Mr.Kinkle ended up getting mad at Harvey, and shoved his son into Tommy's empty casket. Harvey hit it so hard it broke, and then Mr.Kinkle tried to punch Harvey. Luckily, Aunt Zelda stopped him before he could, and then both Kinkle men fled.

"Sabrina, you're never gonna believe what I just overheard," Selene gasps once she tracks down Sabrina. "Dorcas and Agatha are the reason the mines collapsed. They did a spell."

Sabrina is silent for a little while, processing all of this before Selene raises an eyebrow. "Brina, I'm not a telepath. I don't know what you're thinking, so what's going on in that pretty little head of yours?"