Jack

It's was cold, and it was dark. He floated upwards, towards a thick layer of ice. Breaking free of his wet prison, the man took a deep breath of the cold air. Though he felt none of the cold.

Looking around at the dark forest. He felt his heart hammering in his chest. The trees appeared to reach out for him. Their hand like branches ready to drag him into their shadowy depths.

The man continued to float upwards as the ice below him repaired itself.

Now, in front of the man was the moon.

Taking up his field of vision, the bright white moon chased away his fears. Quietly, like a whisper in the wind, the moon told the man his name. However, it said no more.

Landing gently on the ice, his bare feet felt none of the cold emitting from the surface.

The man looked around, his eyes landing on a long hooked staff.

Picking it up, the wood was covered in frost. The man flinched as frost shot out of the end of the stick.

Excitement filling him, he inspected his new toy. Tapping a tree, a delicate pattern of frost covered the dark trunk.

Spinning and running around the man covered the frozen lake. Suddenly the win itself picked him up and carried him upwards. Looking at his work, the man laughed to himself.

Losing what concentration he had on the wind, the man fell down into the forest. Landing on a large branch, unsure of if he was about to fall further, he wrapped his legs around it. Excitement filling him once more, he laughed out loud.

Sitting up on the branch, he could see the lights of fires.

Carefully sitting up, he let the wind carry him all the way to a small village. Despite the late hour, the village was filled with people bustling about.

Emerging from the forest, the man smiled at a gentleman that passed by him.

He walked around in wonder, unaware of how out of place he might appear.

He tipped his head down at a lady as she walked by him, and narrowly missed a group a children playing.

Upon seeing a lone child chasing his dog, the man knelt down to ask him a question.

"Excuse me?" He asked, still giddy, "Can you tell me where I a-" The child ran through the man.

A feeling of emptiness filled him, shaking that man to his core.

Calling our for help, more people continued to walk through him.

Fleeing to the safety of the forest, Jack Frost walked away alone.