Chapter 6

Harry froze after hearing a deep voice from behind himself. He knew he couldn't just ignore and move ahead so the only option he was left with, or had since the beginning, was to turn around and to face the person.

As soon as Harry turned, he was met by two dark eyes, which seemed to be a little warmer than his master's but the strictness and terror was there as well.

''Why are you crying?'' The deep accent escaped the lips and Harry quickly wiped his tears, remembering his masters words from before. 'Let no one see those tears or you'll get much more.' His master's voice rang through his ears and even that frightened him.

''I'm not crying.'' Harry tried but he himself knew that it was an incredibly weak excuse to make here considering the fact that he was just caught red handed wiping the tears.

''Did Louis do something?'' Zayn asked him, raising an eyebrow at Harry, who shook his head immediately.

''No, no. He did nothing. He didn't do anything to me, I swear-''

''Why are you being so defensive of him?'' Zayn asked a bit more curious than before. Harry's reaction just gave Zayn a hint of his best friend doing something he wasn't suppose to do, and he definitely did not want that under any circumstance.

''I'm-I'm not.'' Harry's answer was feeble, yet again. Nothing enough to persuade a very clever Zayn Malik. But of course Harry didn't know anything about how Zayn's brain worked like lightning.

''Then tell me,'' Zayn moved forward till he was only a step away from Harry, deepening his voice even more and looking down at the shaking figure of the seventeen year old. ''Why are you crying? Want me to ask Louis himself?''

''No!'' Harry said fearfully, but suddenly realized his voice had raised again and not wanting any more abuse from these people, he instantly started apologizing to Zayn, who hadn't said anything about his voice till yet. ''I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't meant to raise my voice. Please don't hurt me. I'm so sorry. Please-''

''Woah woah woah. I didn't say I had a problem with it.'' Zayn calmly assured Harry with a straight face. ''But I think I'm sure of who does.'' He lowly said.

That made Harry alert and his eyes went wide. ''W-who?'' He definitely did not want the answer he thought of getting but, as always, the universe had real fun playing with him.

''What did Louis do to you when you raised your voice in front of him?'' Zayn got straight to the point, eyeing Harry in a way that scared him a lot.

"He d-didn't do anything."

Zayn snorted at the answer. "Yeah, right. Tell me!''

When Zayn raised his voice, a whimper escaped Harry. ''I... I c-can't tell. Please. He-he'll hurt me. I ca-can't tell you. Please just let me g-go.''

Even though Harry thought he just asked for Zayn to let him go to his room, he had given Zayn the answer he had wanted and that made Zayn flatten his lips in a thin line. He nodded after exhaling deeply, blinking and looked at the direction of Louis' room, knowing Louis was in there.

As soon as Harry got the permission to disperse, he wasted no time in doing so. He scrambled as fast as he could into the room, closing the door behind him and curling himself into a ball on the floor with his back against the closed door, doing what he had done countless times since he has been born; he cried.

Harry just wanted to get away from this house and these people. He had no idea about why they had him there, keeping Harry as a maid to clean, cook, wash and everything. He knew they were keeping them here because of Zayn, Louis had told him that, but why would Zayn have something to get from him when he was sure as anything that he hadn't ever done anything to the lad.