Pool Daze (xReader)

(Y/N) narrowed their eyes at their oppressor. "Kaldur, I am literally about to drown."

Kaldur peered over the edge of the coveted giant rainbow popsicle floaty. "I doubt that. You have your pool noodle."

Now furious, (Y/N) yanked the ratty purple pool noodle out from under their arms.

"I will beat the crap out of you with this pool noodle if you don't share that floaty."

Kaldur laughed. "I'd like to see you try."

Grinning viciously, (Y/N) took a deep breath and let themselves sink into the twelve-feet-deep section of the pool.

"(Y/N)?" When Kaldur leaned over, just to make sure his partner wasn't really drowning, (Y/N) launched themselves out of the water, looped their arms around Kaldur's neck, and yanked him into the pool with them.

Underwater, Kaldur gave a yelp of surprise in a stream of bubbles that devolved into laughter at the look on his partner's face. He couldn't be mad at them, they were too cute.

Their arms were still around his neck, bringing their faces closer together. Kaldur wrapped his arms around their waist, closing the distance for a kiss.

But sadly, (Y/N) couldn't breathe underwater the way that Kaldur could, and so they were forced to surface a few moments later.

"What if we share?" Kaldur suggested. He was supporting (Y/N) now, as their own personal floaty.

(Y/N) nodded, breathing heavily with their head against Kaldur's chest. "I'd like that.

They looked around for the offending object. In their scuffle, the floaty had floated up to the shallower end.

"Hold on," Kaldur smiled, helping (Y/N) position themselves on his back. In a matter of seconds, he'd gotten them over to the floaty, but that didn't mean that (Y/N) wanted to let go.

The sun was setting as they lay on their backs, arms tightly around each other as they bobbed up and down in the middle of the pool.

"Kaldur?" (Y/N) mumbled with a yawn.

"Yes, my love?"

"You're the best boyfriend ever."