Barbie bashing

Please don't shoot me! But seriously I have 3.34k views, what the actual fudge. I'm not going to make promises that I'll end up breaking, but I'll try to update where I can. Your comments really help, I was looking through them this morning and that what made me sit down and write this for you.

I barely registered any of the morning's events, my body on autopilot. I was dreading lunch, and the thought of it was taking up all of my concentration.

I do remember glimpsing Chad at one point, he had, much to my disappointment, ditched the crack den get up, but was still slinking around the school evading everyone.

In English, I was privy to a catfight. I didn't stick around for long enough to hear their incessant screams and ramblings (which in hindsight I should have, as they would have no doubt told me why they were fighting) but I could only assume it was too do with the texts I sent from badass school musical's phone. I can remember, however, that I thought it seemed a little odd that they were fighting each other, surely their reaction would have been to take down Chad. But then again, who cares, I was privy to a lovely few minutes of Barbie bashing, it would brighten anyone's day.

When the lunch bell finally rang I skulked off to the dining room, I really wasn't looking forward to this. I'd gone to my locker after class, so by the time I arrived in the canteen everyone was already sat down.

Our canteen has been designed in such a way that to get to your seat you have to make your way down an overly large centre isle, which I have dubbed "the catwalk" because when you are on it, every individual in the room is judging you (or at least it feels that way from up there). It is from this place where your social standing is decided, if people like the look of you they'll ask you to sit with them, and as soon as you sit with them you are basically categorised by everyone else as part of that group.

So you can understand when I walk down it and turn, not to my usual table, but to the Sweats&co. table, well let's just say there haven't been so many failed attempts at whispering since Jenna Lomax was caught housebreaking a few months back.

I made my way over and took the seat next to Meg. I actually smiled when I realised that Chad hadn't arrived yet, a small blessing I'll grant you, but a blessing none the less. The entire table sat in awkward silence for a few minutes until a girl called Tara spoke up. I didn't really know Tara too well, but she seemed alright. I looked around the table, there were 16 of us in total, and I realised that I might have been exaggerating ever so slightly when I said spending lunch with them would be like dinning in hell. Okay, so there was Carly, and 2 of her minions, they were a definite no no, and then there was Chad and 2 or 3 dickheads, but apart from that everyone else was pretty decent. If I'm completely honest I'd even go as far to say I liked some of them, I'd been pretty close to a few of them before summer two years prior, maybe Meg dating Robbie wasn't so bad, it might give me the opportunity to catch up. I guess we'd become estranged from each other, and all the shit I'd had with Carly probably hasn't helped the situation, they probably thought I hated them as much as I did her, well it was time to put that straight.

Anyway like I was saying Tara spoke up.
"So, Lexi, we were wondering, we're all going down to Wooders Brooke the weekend after next...and thought you might want to come along too. I mean we all come to Randall's but you haven't come to the Brooke with us in years... so... umm...yeh... It's okay if you don't want to but..."

"That sounds great," I said, catching her before she trailed off.

Wooders Brooke is a place the locals tend to visit every now and again, it is ten miles north of our town and a great camping spot. Everyone tends to bring beer, tents and a swimming costume and go down whenever the weathers nice, but much like most things, I haven't been since that summer.

After I'd said that, tension seed to drain out of everyone and the conversation became more relaxed. I soon rediscovered everyone's names:
There was obviously me, Meg and Trish.
Meg's boyfriend Robbie fell in the "dicks" category along with Chad, and two of their player mates Seamus and Sam.
Then there was Carly and her possey, Britney, Natasha, and Charlotte, but they were fortunately yet to arrive, I assumed they were somewhere beating the shit out of Chad.
Then there was Tessa, who was head of the student committee, she was really nice if not a little outspoken.
Then there was Tara and Olivia, about two of the only cheerleaders I knew of that hadn't become one of Carly's minions over the past year, again, I liked them.
Tara had a non-identical twin brother called Dominic, who was completely adorable, and then his friends, Daniel and Josh. They both seemed alright, if not slightly loud, then again they were both on the sports team, and I think it kind of comes with the memo.

"Hey Lexi, do you know when the twins are returning." Said Daniel, after a few minutes of chatter. "We need them on the team for a game on the 26th."

"Erm, I think they'll be back by then. As far as I know, they're back on the Friday before Randall's and that's the 21st to the 23rd." I replied.

"Aha, it'll be great the have them back, I'm missing the Weasley twins," said Tessa. "and I can't wait to see what they'll make of Chad."

"Speak of the devil, where is badass school musical." I said, " I saw he'd ditched the crack den dress up earlier, but luckily haven't seen him since."

"Ah, well it seems someone took dear Chads phone last night and had a bit of fun with it," said Dominic "You wouldn't happen to know anything about that Lexi, would you now?"

I had the sense to look slightly abashed, but I couldn't help a massive smirk from creeping onto my face.

"In my defence, he brought up shit that I wasn't happy with, I'm not one to lash out without a reason... most of the time." I justified "So is he getting what's due?"

Everyone looked slightly sheepish

"Sorry to disappoint Lex, but he seems to have weaselled his way out of most of the backlash."

"WHAT!" I said (well, said loudly) "HOW THE FUDGE HAS BADASS SCHOOL MUSICAL GOT HIMSELF OUT OF THIS ONE!"

"Well" replied Dom, rubbing the side of his head awkwardly "it seemed you underestimated the power of a jealous girl. Most of them seem to have neglected the fact that Chad supposedly"

At this point, he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Sent the text to everyone, and are arguing amongst themselves about who he actually meant to send it to."

"What? I'm confused"

"Chad somehow managed to convince them that he'd meant to send it to one person, but had accidentally hit the all contacts button. So now the girls are arguing over who he originally meant to send it to, and the son of a gun has been crafty enough not to tell them, so they are so distracted by fighting one another, that they forget to be mad at him."

As this sunk in, I had to acknowledge that I'd seriously underestimated the guy, but even I had to admit that despite my anger that was an impressive feat to accomplish.

"That crafty little git" I smiled.

My train of thought was interrupted by a hush falling over the dining room.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear," I said to badass school musical as he took his seat

"Well, what can I say, I'm kinda psychic." He smirked.

"Don't tell me your boobs can tell when it's raining?" I mock gasped, quoting Mean Girls.

He only snorted. I was surprised he got the reference.

"Are you ready? Because it's my move next." He dared, cocking an eyebrow. "You declared war, remember?"

"Oh please, this isn't war, this is pest control." but even as I said it I couldn't keep the laugh out of my voice.

I'd fought many times, but it had been forever and a day since I'd had a decent opponent. I might even go as far as to say I was looking forward to our future exchanges.

Maybe. Just maybe.

Badasses weren't all that bad.

Vote and comment for more!