Chapter 17

Ford's P.O.V.

The last thing I saw was Kryptos blasting something at me. Then nothing. I wasn't dead, but something like frozen. I didn't feel anything. 

Next thing I knew, I was unfreezing. I just managed to see my feet as they unfroze. Gold. I had been turned into a gold statue. 

"Let me go you insane, four-sided..." I yelled but saw where I was. It looked to be some fancy-ass apartment.

Then Kryptos appeared in front of me. "OH! Looks like the six-fingered freak is finally awake!" I glared.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Highest room in this place! Sit down. We have a lot to talk about." Kryptos said, sitting down. I sat down reluctantly. "You know that couch is made of living human flesh." 

"WHAT THE FUCK," I said, leaping up. "Quit the games. You kept me alive because you want something. What is it?"

"Woah you are smart. Bill was right." Kryptos got up. "As it turns out the end of the world has not escaped the borders of this town. And I have a good idea that you know how to get rid of it."

I just stared. Like I'd ever tell him. 

"I knew you knew." Kryptos stared back. 

"I'd never tell you."

Suddenly, grey chains wrapped around my neck, wrists, and ankles. "You're making this so much harder then it needs to be..."

Hot white electricity shot out from Kryptos's finger and shocked me. The pain was unbearable, but I needed to hold on.