Chapter 7

Bill's P.O.V.

Years had passed and I still worked on the Portal. Most of the time I was in the basement, or in the forest. Stanley ran this thing called the "Mystery Shack". I never understood was it was. The real mystery was why anyone came. He basically ruined Ford's lab. I knew for a fact, that when Ford got back (if he got back) he'd be angry at this. Also, Stan had stolen Ford's name, which really pissed me off. 

Multiple times over the years, we managed to get the Portal to work. But every time the Portal only opened for a few seconds. Once a rock flew out of it and hit me in the head. 

It had been about 30 years, but I had no idea. You think I'd pay attention to this weird human time thing? Hell no. We'd been trying to get the Portal back open, but without Sixer's other two journals, we had no clue on how to do it. A few weeks ago, Stan got a letter saying that these two kids would be spending the summer here. I had no idea who they were, but maybe I could get some use out of them. 

No no no. Bill stop. You will not make use of them. You won't use them. That's how you lost Sixer. I reminded myself. 

I was sitting on the roof when Stan's car drove off. I sighed, not wanting to see what the hell was going on. About a half hour later, he came back, and out of the back, two kids came out. I sat up. A boy and a girl. The girl had a sweater with a- Shooting Star. A Zodiac member. Shiiiiit. I didn't know who the boy was, but I have a feeling he's also part of the Zodiac. I floated down to - ugh - talk to people. 

"Wow, this place is awesome!" Shooting Star exclaimed. 

"Yah sure, try not to be a nuisance around here," Stan said and walked back into the house. 

I floated towards them. "Sup."

"ANGDNKJEWNK WHAT," the boy said.

"Uh....." I didn't know what to say. This was Gravity Falls. Weird shit happens all the time. 

"How are you doing that?" he asked.

"Can you teach me?!" Shooting Star asked.

"No," I stated bluntly. "Name's Bill." I stuck out my hand. Shooting Star took it and almost tore it off. 

"I'm Mabel and this is my twin brother, Dipper!" she yelled. 

"Dipper? Yesh, did your parents hate you or something with a name like that? No offense." I said skeptically. 

"None taken. No, it's just a nickname." He explained.

The three of us just stood there for a while in an awkward silence. Then I just floated away. I hate talking to people.

✧✯❂✯✧

The two little humans who had come to stay for the summer were okay. I figured out that the boy was Pinetree. I found most of the Zodiac symbols, but some were still hidden. 

I wandered in the living room, actually using my stupid human legs. 

That was a mistake.

I instantly fell down. Pinetree was on the chair reading some book, I couldn't tell what it was. I just stared.

"Ha. I-I meant to do that." I said as I propped my head up with my elbow. "Ha. Yah. I'm fine."

"I don't think you are." He said as he got up and walked away.

I laid on my back, ignited a blue fireball in my hand, and made it hover above me. Work on the Portal had slowed to a crawl. I was starting to doubt whether Sixer would come back at all.

No. Stop that Bill. You can't think that way. You have to keep trying. You have to ke-

"Hey, Bill?" Pinetree said, interrupting my thoughts. He walked back into the room with his sister.

"Ye, what's up?" I answered.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did."

"Can I ask you two?"

"That was your second."

"Can I ask you four?"

"Tha- Ok shoot."

"Well, I found this book out in the woods and it mentions you a lot. At least I think it does." He held out the book to a page with my original form on it.

I screamed. I knew exactly what book that was. It wasn't just any book. It was Journal 3. Sixer's journal. "WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!" I yelled, standing up.

"Uh... I found it out in the woods." Pinetree repeated.

"Lemme see." I stuck my hand out as he took a step back.

Pinetree pulled the journal back towards him. "It says here you tried to kill whoever the author was. Did you? Who are you? What are you? What did you do to the author?!"

I grew angry. Why won't this little human just give me the book? He has no idea what it is. Why I need it. With the information inside it, I could have a better chance of getting the Portal on. I needed that book. More then he did. Why doesn't he get that?

"Give me the journal," I repeated.

"Not until you explain who the hell you are! And what you did to the author!" He shouted back.

"Bill, did you try and kill the author?" Shooting Star asked.

"What? No! Why would I ever do-"

"Well, this journal says otherwise!" Pinetree interrupted me again. "This says you're a demon!"

I flashed an angry red. "Well, that's cuz I AM!" The twins backed away. I calmed down. "Listen. You don't know what that journal is. I need it for something. Something big. I'll find a way to get it. I have big plans coming, and I don't need you getting in my way." And with that, I floated off.

(A/N: Well that was nice. Dippin Dot's and Marble's trust has been shattered. Oh, that's a nice line I'll use it next chapter. Ok yah what am I doing? Idk bye ~ Riv)