Chapter 13

Ford's P.O.V.

Being back together with Bill was probably the best thing that had happened. He has changed since the last time I remember him, but he changed in a good way. And I guess I love him for that.

After a while of working on the Portal, I walked upstairs to my room. It was exactly as I had left it. Stan hadn't changed it at all. At least that was something. Though, Experiment 78 was missing, the mind swap carpet. I shrugged it off and collapsed on my bed, falling asleep.

I appeared in a wheat field. I looked around and saw a swingset, the broken Portal and Stan o' War. Suddenly, parts of the wheat field flattened into a diamond shape and laughter starts. Not laughter I recognize, but I have heard it before. All I knew was that it was bad.

"Show yourself!" I yelled. Kryptos materialized in front of me.

"Well, well, well. Stanford Filbrick Pines. Bill's favorite human. Nice to see you again, even though the last encounter we had, you tried to shoot me with that little gun of yours." He smiled. 

"Kryptos. What do you want from me?" I cried. 

"Oh quit playing dumb. You knew that when Bill left, I'd take over. Actually, I'm surprised Bill survived this long." He got closer and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Get your hand off of me. I thought. "And you think shutting off that Portal will stop what I have planned? After that idiot triangle betrayed us, I took over. I've been chatting with his old friends, making deals, preparing for the big day." He left and floated in front of me, making himself bigger. "You can't keep that rift safe forever." He snapped his fingers and a copy of the rift appeared in his hand. "You'll slip up and when you do..." The rift smashed on the ground and a fiery storm erupted out of it. 

I stared. "Get out of here! You have no dominion in our world!"

"Oh. But Cipher does? You've clearly accepted him in the household." Kryptos said, his one eye boring into my soul. "And maybe I don't right now. But things change Stanford Pines. Things change." Kryptos floated up into the fiery storm, laughing.

I woke up and sat up in a sweat.