Chapter 5

CONFUSED? Don't be!

Rose and Hunter are 100% mates.

BUT! For some odd reason, both Hunter and Rose can have feelings for a specific other. (AKA Emily and Greg.)

HOWEVER! The mating bond between Rose and Hunter is much more stronger than the feelings that both Hunter and Rose have for Emily and Greg.

Without further ado..

--------------------------

~ I wanna see you be brave

Chapter Five

"Welcome everyone," Alpha Hunter's voice hushed all the whispers.

When Greg had said that he was late, he actually meant we were late.

Not only were we stuck at the very end of the crowd of people standing in the clearing, but we had also missed Alpha Hunters' opening speech. Though I'm not complaining, I'd prefer to steer clear from Hunter as long as possible.

The less times I have to hear that melodic voice, the better.

Hunter stood on top of a podium that I assume was build just for this event considering I hadn't seen it yesterday. A slight breeze wafted by as a mix of different wolves entered my senses. There were at least three hundred people in the clearing.

After Hunter's official 'Welcome', my former pack members were officially announced to be under the protection of the Dark Moon Pack. Prior positions and titles are stripped from the former pack members as we are forced to be part of the pack.

"I don't want any trouble. You should respect each other along with your higher ranks. Now enjoy the rest of your day," Hunter says.

I thought that was the signal to leave, but no one moved a single muscle. I tried to look over the heads of people around us to spot a familiar face, preferably my mother.

Hunter stepped down from the higher platform he was standing on and walked towards his Beta.

And like that, everyone divided their attention away from the front and started whispering. However, no one actually left the area which I found annoying because I want to look for my mom but there are way too many people blocking me.

"I thought Hunter said everyone could leave?" I ask Greg.

Greg gave me a reassuring smile as he placed his arm on my back and guided me out of the crowd.

"Not exactly. We missed the beginning where he told everyone to stay half an hour after his announcement in order to become accustomed to other members. He wants the transition for your former pack to me as smooth as possible."

Greg never removed his hand from the small of my back as we headed towards the front, joining the group of top-rank werewolves that were gathered there.

I froze immediately, seeing Hunter's broad shoulders enter my peripheral vision. If it weren't for Greg's hand pushing me forward, I would have been frozen in place. Greg must have believed that Hunter and I are not mates or else there is no way he would pridefully walk me directly towards Hunter. Our closeness and Greg's confidence will definitely raise up some rumors.

Hunter didn't look my way, but I knew he sensed I was close as his body stiffened while talking to someone.

"Hey Greg," the Beta greeted.

"Hey Jaxon." They did their manly handshake before the Beta's eyes met mine.

I braced myself for what was coming next. Jaxon and I had met in unfortunate circumstances already, he knew that Hunter is my true mate, what if he informed Greg?