Chapter 4

~ They say the end is coming sooner.                                                                                                                    But the end's already here. ~

Chapter Four

You know in those cliché books where the girl can't be with the guy so they're like, 'my brain says one thing but by heart says another.'

I never understood that. I mean, think about it, your brain controls everything. It stores up all your memories and regulates your will to survive. The brain controls how you talk, walk, think, see, and feel.

Your brain tells your heart to pump the blood through your veins, tells your body to keep breathing, the brain even stops you from biting off your finger because supposedly, it would be as easy as biting on a carrot.

Therefore, without your brain, your heart is useless.

This time I knew I had no choice but to listen to my brain because clearly my heart couldn't be trusted.

I had to move on. Not with another partner, but with my life.

Looking over at the ground, I could hear his quiet snores signaling Greg was still deep in his sleep. His mouth hung open and I swear I could even see a small stream of drool from the corner of his lips down to his pillow.

He looked so peaceful, so cute, it made my heart skip a beat and my stomach feel light. This must be what people mean when they say they feel butterflies. It was nothing compared to the electricity I felt with Hunter, but it still felt nice.

Despite my insistent demand that he should sleep on the bed since it was his house and the floor would have been fine for me, he wouldn't allow it.

I guess underneath that hard mean exterior was a nice guy. A really nice guy. I felt silly for crushing on the first boy I lay my eyes on after being rejected by my mate, but it is what it is. The void in my heart from the disparity my mate has caused was ripping away inside me and I need a distraction.

Not feeling the slightest bit tired, I sit up on the bed and stretch out my arms. That is some mattress he has, I felt revived with that quality sleep it gave me.

I notice the clock on the bedside table flashing at 10:00 AM in bright red. Didn't Greg have something important to do early today?

Looking back at him, he looked so serene, I almost felt guilty for what I was deciding to do.

Gently hopping over his body, I open the white door that Greg had said to be the bathroom. Walking in I look for some sort of cup but came up short. Instead, I took one of the white hand towels and soaked it in water.

Walking out of the washroom and back to the sleeping Greg, I kneel close to his body, practically hovering over him.

I stretch my hand back over my shoulder and swiftly fling the towel downwards and aim directly for his face. As it makes contact a loud splat was sounded.

That surely woke him. I do admit, there are much safer ways that I could have woken Greg up by, but this was far more fun.

Greg abruptly lunged up, and to my surprise, in an attacking stance. 

His eyes flutter rapidly as he tries to get familiarized with the bright room.

"Gre-" I could barely finish one word before I was pushed down to the floor with his entire weight upon me.

"Gre-Greg! Y-you're Chok-chok- Choking me!" Greg's large body squashed me to the floor, making it hard to breathe.

"Rose?" his husky voice questions, sounding rough and dry but I still found it attractive. I'm not sure what that bed of his did to me, but after a full night's rest, I was looking at Greg in a different light.