7. Going on Account

So excuse my non-updativeness (is that a word? lol) I have been really busy, and I seriously did not excuse votes and views to escalate so quickly. Plus I had a soccer tournament out of town. Also school starts tomorrow, so updates will probably not be as frequent, and my goals will be set higher.

Emma woke up later that day very confused. She breathed in the smell of rum and saltwater, vaguely remembering that she was in the Captain's Quarters on the Jolly Roger.

It all flooded back to her at once, and she hopped out of bed, overwhelmed. She needed some fresh air.

Not quite sure what to do, she headed back up to the deck to see the rest of the crew, including August and the captain.

Emma had no idea how to begin to be a pirate... Hopefully a member of the crew would teach her... Preferably Hook.

She tried to tell herself that she only wanted him to teach her because he was the Captain. He held the most power on the ship, and befriending him would be a good thing. Though a little voice inside her head kept telling her that it was something more... She refused to listen to that voice.

She didn't know what it was about him, but she was drawn to the pirate captain.

The sun shone down on her and she smiled. It was a lovely, but hot day, and the crew was busy at work, sweating bullets.

Mr. Smee was at the helm, and Emma walked up to him.

"Hello, sir," she started, but he interrupted.

"Please, miss. Call me Smee," he said, smiling, but keeping his eyes on the sea.

She grinned. "Only if you call me Emma."

He nodded, finally averting his gaze towards her. "Will do, Miss Emma."

Emma forced a smile. Not exactly what she was looking for, but it's a start. At least it's better than princess or your majesty.

"Smee, I was wondering if you had seen the Captain...?" She inquired, gazing at the sea behind him.

He furrowed his eyebrows for a moment, thinking. "Well, he went down to his quarters about thirty minutes ago to grab something. He must still be in there."

Emma cast her eyes down to the floor. "Actually, that's where I was. He let me sleep in his room for a while, and he wasn't in there when I left," Emma replied, blushing.

Smee chuckled. "Of course. Well then, I have no idea where he is." Then he looked behind her and nodded as she turned around.

"Looking for me, love?" Hook asked, appearing out of nowhere. He smirked, and Emma almost let out a small laugh. Almost.

"Actually, yes," Emma said, her face stayed emotionless. "I was wondering if I was going to learn about piracy, where we were going to start, and who was going to be teaching me."

Hook grinned at her, "today, actually, and we mustn't waste a moment. I will be the one teaching you."

Emma snorted, "great." Though her breathing steadied, feeling a bit relieved.

Hook raised an eyebrow. "What was that, lass?"

Emma gave an innocent smile. "Oh, nothing. I was just asking about what we are going to do."

Hook walked past her, grabbing the hilt of his sword, and then picking another one up off a barrel behind her.

He skillfully tossed the one on his hook to Emma, and she looked at him skeptically as it fell at her feet.