24. Home is Where the Heart is

Hey guys! Again, I apologize for making this so late, and it taking so long! I hope you enjoy it though! But anyways, on with the chapter!

Also, if you guys have questions on anything that was unclear drop a comment so I can answer them or try to make them more clear in the book! CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is GREATLY appreciated!  :)

Emma spent nearly every second of the next two days in her room. She couldn't stand to see Hook, after feeling all the guilt and hurt that she had bubbling inside her.

To be truthful, Emma did miss her family... She knew that when she got back they would force her into marriage, and she would have less than a year before her coronation. But would she be ready for all that, just to go home to her parents? Did she really want to leave the new life she had established on the ocean?

The unpacked things around her confirmed her thinking. She wasn't ready to leave her newfound friends, and she wasn't ready to leave the man she had grown to care for deeply.

She wanted to stay, but she just didn't know how to approach Hook about it. She knew how he felt about her, but he was not one to let his feelings get in the way of his decisions. So maybe he would feel better if she were gone, for both the benefit of him and his crew.

She still didn't know anything for sure, but she never would unless she asked.

XXX

She knocked before entering, but after a few minutes, she knew he wasn't in his cabin.

Instead of waiting, she walked right in without an invitation, and sat down on his bed.

It felt like forever passed the more she sat there. She didn't even know where he was, just that she needed to talk to him. So she continued to wait until he came back, as patiently as she could.

Soon, the door jiggled, her eyes flashing in that direction as it opened to reveal the captain.

He stood with an odd gaze her way that began as something hopeful, but was soon masked with anger. He gritted his teeth, eyes darkening as he took a step toward the blonde on his bed. "What are you still doing here, Swan? I gave you an order, and I expect that order to be carried out!" He growled, trying to keep his voice down.

Emma didn't get angry back, she just took a heavy breath, keeping her eyes on his. She stood up, walking towards him cautiously. Emma held a certain grace and poise that she had slowly felt return to her after her secret was out. Hook had told the crew, but she was actually somewhat grateful. So much she had held back, so hard had she tried to be someone else. She could finally go back to being herself.

But that didn't mean that she wanted to leave the ship, the place she had began to call home. Sure, she was complete opposite of the people on here, and sure she wouldn't be treated fairly with the fact that she was royalty, but she loved everyone here.

Some more than others.

Emma licked her lips, playing with a piece of her hair. She held onto the fact that he still called her Swan, because it gave her hope. That even though she had broken his heart, he still cared.

"Maybe I don't want to leave," she said quietly.

Hook raised both his eyebrows. "What was that?"

She brought herself closer to him, staring him down with sincerity.

"I don't want to leave, Killian." Emma admitted.