21. Dreams and Past Lives

AHH YAY!! I'm excited I got to update today!! So I changed the cover, if you guys didn't notice, let me know if you like it!!

ENJOY THE CHAPTER MY LOVES

Adjusting one last curl that Emma threw over her shoulder, she smiled. Her outfit for the ball was now complete.

She wore an icy, green, strapless dress that flowed down to the ground, covering the crystal heels that she wore on her feet. Jewels covered the top of the dress, and lace was patterned on the bottoms of the three ruffles covering the skirt.

Emma smiled in the mirror, taking in her appearance. She turned sixteen today, and she was to go down any moment for her birthday ball.

"Emma are you almost" The young princess's father entered the room, but his words cut off when he saw her standing in front of the mirror.

Emma giggled as she took in his amazed expression. "Do you like it, daddy?" She gave a small twirl, grinning happily.

Her dad gave his charming smile, and walked over to pull Emma into a hug. "My little Swan," he said, crushing her against his chest, before pulling away to admire her dress. "You are so beautiful. It seems only yesterday that I was holding you, a newborn baby, in my arms." A tear rolled down his cheek, and Emma felt them pooling in her eyes as well. "Now look at you, all grown up and ready to be queen."

Her eyes widened. "I'm nowhere close to being ready, father!" Emma said in shock.

Charming smiled as he stroked his daughter's head. She may not believe she is ready, but he could tell from the moment she was born, that she was to be an extraordinary leader. "You will be, my love." He said gently, before being cut off by his wife rushing into the room.

"CHARMING, EMMA!!" Snow shouted, trying to locate her husband and her daughter, but instantly shut her mouth when she saw they were having a moment. Emma had always been a daddy's girl, and she didn't mind. She knew her daughter loved her, but her and Charming hardly had any moments anymore with her growing up.

Snow pushed away the scary thoughts of her daughter no longer being a child, and apologized quickly. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean-"

Charming laughed quietly, pulling his wife into the bear hug. "I love you, Snow, and I love you, Emma." He said quietly, as he retracted from the embrace. He laid a kiss on both of their foreheads, and the two woman smiled. The man they loved the most walked into the other room, preparing to take his place downstairs.

Snow knew her time with her daughter was limited, so she hurriedly got the gift she had sat down before coming into the room.

"Emma, sweetheart, I just want you to know that you are truly the fairest in the land, and that I could not be any more proud to call you my daughter." Snow said softly, kissing the blonde's cheek. "My mother gave this to me, and I want you to have it." She handed her the gift box, and Emma stared at it in shock as she began unwrapping it.

Pulling out the diamond crown, Emma's eyes widened, glistening with tears. "It's beautiful." She exclaimed. "I love it."

Snow White smiled, taking it gingerly from her hands, and placing it atop her head. "It looks even more beautiful on you." She turned her toward the mirror. "You are such an amazing young woman, Emma."

Emma let a few tears leak before wrapping her mother in a tight hug. "I love you, mom."

Snow smiled, holding her close. "I love you too." She pulled back, pushing her to the door. "Now go! Before everyone leaves your party!" She laughed, and Emma did as well.