Epilogue

Here is the end :(( Enjoy, I love you all!!

Also, idk of any of you are SPN fans and have read Twist and Shout, but i finished it last night and I'm destroyed please send help.

XXX

In the months that followed, Emma found herself creating a life.

Her and Killian discovered an old little house on the edge of the water. It was abandoned, and though it was an accident that they came across it, Emma almost considered it fate.

Her and Killian spent a few weeks fixing it back up, using things that they had stolen to decorate it and keep in it good condition.

Of course, Killian still loved the Jolly Roger. Emma knew that he would never give his ship up, but it was okay. They compromised, taking sporadic trips on the vessel whenever Killian wanted to.

Emma was really up to anything, as long as she had her pirate by her side.

When they weren't on the ship, they spent nights at their home by the lighthouse, just the two of them. August, Porter, and Smee manned the ship. Killian and Emma trusted them both more than anything, and they were happy to take over the ship.

Eventually, Emma knew, they would stop pirating. Killian still enjoyed the thrill, but she could tell that to him, it wasn't what it used to be. It had been an escape, a way to get away from all the crap he had to put up with.

But now his escape was his home, with Emma. Pirating would dwindle away slowly, but it was such a big part of his life, it had been for nearly three-hundred years... He wasn't just going to let it go overnight, and Emma understood that.

But, Emma knew, when that day came, she wanted to get married. Her and Killian had already discussed it, but being felons, known pirates... It wasn't exactly easy to just have a wedding.

Besides, they both knew they weren't ready. The time would come, and when it did, she would know.

And of course, after that, she wanted to start a family. They tried their best to avoid getting Emma pregnant too soon, because having a kid at this point in their life would be a lot of work. Emma was still young, and they were still adjusting to the world that they had begun to create together.

They both wanted kids at some point, though.

From their little house on the coast, Emma enjoyed watching the sun set. It was beautiful, the way the fiery orange and yellows bounced off the turquoise of the sea.

Killian stood from the kitchen, watching as Emma sat on the balcony, her blonde hair wrapping across her face from the ocean breeze. Her eyes were closed peacefully, and a smile was apparent on her face.

"What are you thinking about, love?" he asked her, wrapping an arm around her waist with a smile.

She gazed over, a loving look in her eyes. "Everything," she shook her head. "It's crazy, you know. So much has happened since..." she trailed off, a hand coming up to rest on his cheek. Emma traced his stubble, a sad smile coming onto her face.

"I know." Killian responded.

She sighed, and rested her head on his shoulder, staring back out at the ocean. "Thank you, Killian."

He gave her a skeptical look. "For what?" he asked, genuinely confused. Killian couldn't recall that he did anything for her lately that deserved thanks.

She laughed, shaking her head. "For everything! Do you really think I would have been able to get through these past weeks without you?"

Killian smiled slightly. "Oh... Well then, you're welcome."

She smiled, quiet for a moment. "I love you." Emma blurted out suddenly, reaching over to grab his hand and hold it tightly.

Killian pressed a kiss to her lips, "And I love you, Emma."

She blushed, her grin widening. She had heard it a million times, but she never got tired of it.

A calm silence fell between them as they stared out at nature in front of them, the beautiful serenity.

Two broken souls that had finally found each other, through grief and pain. Through time and unimaginable troubles.

Emma had finally decided there was a price to pay for freedom. She had lost her dear friend, she had lost her family, her castle.

But having Killian next to her, the love of her life...

She would still choose that life over anything she had before.

The End.

{ i love you all dearly, and hope you enjoyed }