Chapter 25

Dedicated to @ndreeyx because she's my all time besties! Go check her story in her profile!

Song for this chapter :

- Boyfriend Material by Ariana Grande

- Lonely Hours by Sam Smith

- Best Mistake by Ariana Grande fy Big Sean

••••

M A Y A

"I want you to be my girlfriend."

His line kept on repeating like a broken record in my system. Now I was sitting beside him, so close, like an idiot. My eye lids had stopped batting but my heart beating like a hustling horse. It was when my palms gotten sweaty. Dwayne made me nervous. And it was complicated for me. What should I say? I really need Cameron right now but I already knew what she was going to say.

"You're an asshole." I can only blurt that one out.

"I can be good to you." He soothen me. I hated how it really worked to almost make me say yes.

"But I still don't like you for few matters." It was the best one that I could pull out my bitter voice to him. I really wanted to turn him down. This was too awkward to me.

"Look I can work it out. We could work it out. I just.. I really like you Maya. Please if you could only give me a chance to prove that I can change for you."

My God. That was the first time I've ever heard a guy said that to me. Most of all, an arrogant one.

"I'm just a loser at school and you're the brightest star. We're not going to fit for each other."

Dwayne held my hand tight and sharply looking into my eyes. "Who cares about that? As long as I'm happy with you. Fuck reputation now I really like you. Please Maya. Don't you feel the same about me?"

He was honest. Dwayne really determined to get this done and continue his story. I looked at him very deeply, flashing back all the things we've done. I never expected that a jock like him could give me a ride, comforted me, cared about me. And mostly that he was the only one that have the guts to pester me around but still acted nice towards me.

My eyes darted back and forth to his eyes and his lips. Those lips. I wanted to kiss them right now but I didn't want to be seen desperate. Was it okay to be with him? Gosh my head was pounding so hard to compensate the rowdy stuffs going around my mind. But at the look of his face, I was calmed.

So I took the stupidest decision yet the best one I've ever made to kiss his lips. He was slightly taken aback and I could feel a smile between the kiss. I broke it off and looked at his features.

"I like you too." Finally I confested. Some weighs in me just took off. I felt a lot more lighten.

He hugged me and placed his chin on top of my head. "I knew it you wouldn't hold it in so long."

"I was too afraid of what you'll say. I didn't want to get embarassed by you. You held a fat title in school and I don't want to suffer another torture in that place." I said, inhaling the smell of his spice cologne while I was facing his neck. His hands ribbed my back and I felt so warm in his arms.

"Then be my girlfriend. I'll show you more of what I can apprize you." He sounded more demanding.

"Can you ask that as a question? You sounded so demanding." Preaching out the honesty. Just hated the fact of ordering people around.

"What's so hard of saying yes princess?"

"I don't like demandful people. If it was a question, it'll sound much more decentful." Dwayne broke the hug and placed his hands on my shoulders. Keeping me sitting frozen and heart fluttered in front of him.