Chapter 22

Please listen to these songs while reading!

- Look After You by The Fray

- Give Me Your Hand by The Ready Set

- Lucky by Jason Mraz ft Colbie Caillat

D W A Y N E

"You're what?" The girl sitting in front of me had her eyes wide open with her mouth open, staring at me in disbelief.

"I don't have to repeat myself princess." I watch her as she gulps down the lump in her throat. Sipping her drink slowly but the glint in her eyes tell me she's lost of answers.

"Dwayne. You already made me ditched school. I got no time for your another stupid remark. I had enough. This was all bullcrap." She pushes her dessert further in front of her, standing on her feet as she watches me with an indicating look. "I want to go home."

"No."

"No? Can't you understand me dickhead? I want to go home!" We draw attention from around the cafe as her voice arising.

"Answer my question first princess. Or no ride home."

"You know what? I'm taking the cab." Gosh woman such a rock. Maya dabs her feet on the floor and paces to the exit door, making me doing the same. We're both out of the premise. Not now Maya. I still need that talk. Her wrist's in my reach causing her to turn abruptly facing me.

"Let go of me you prick!" She pulls her hand releasing the grip I applied. I just stare at her cocking my brows to a side.

"Now now princess. Don't you know you need to wait for 10 minutes or a tough luck to get yourself a cab? Let see if you catch one."

Surprisingly, Maya stucks out her tongue at me. I lay my back against the premise's brick wall watching her as she's waving her hand tremendously trying to catch the cab's attention. Her feet slightly tipping to their edges, like anyhow that would make her look tall. She's still short compare to me. I guess she's 5'5 or something since she ends right below my chin. Or maybe slightly taller than that at a few inches. Besides, I'm 6'2. A reasonable height for a footballer.

Casually glancing at my phone to indicate the time. She's been doing the same thing for about 10 minutes.

"Your 10 minutes is up princess." She doesn't spare me a glance. At least a snarling look. None. I walk closer to her, just beside and purposely bump into her shoulder. She jerks up front making her passing the road border. A car few meters away almost go up to her and I take the chance to pull her. A gasp escapes from her mouth and a slight thud resulted when she lands on my chest. Her face showing a great amount of shock. My other arm wrap around her back.

"Just get off with me."

We stay like that for a good second before she pushes me roughly. "You did that purposely!"

"Young girl he saved you at least thanked him. Such a disgrace!" We both turn to an old lady in a floral scarf around her neck and half of her head.

"Sorry ma'am. She's just too stubborn to go on a date with me." I flash at the old woman a sad smile and turn to her, giving her a wink instead.

"Well then you should go dear! There's no reason to decline his well invitation." Maya's lips partly open trying to contend something but she ended up mouth shut when I pull her shoulder to my side and tug her in a hug, randomly placing a peck on the top of her head.

"Don't worry ma'am. It's my fault to miss the time for our date. If you'll excuse us. By the way, you look wonderful." The old woman flushes crimsom when I flash her a quick wink. Still grabbing the shorty beside me in a hug and drag her down the street.

"Shut up or she'll shoot you another reprimand." My thought was jumping and hopping even though she's struggling to get out from my arm. It's a 10 seconds scrumbling when I finally let her go.

But not that quite easy.

Putting an effort on both of her shoulder so she's amidst shockness when then my lips touch hers. Reminiscing the night when I snatched her first kiss. Maybe she'll give me an answer now. I can't wait no further. She has been a cowhead for awhile and that has to end.

And to my bewilderment, she doesn't reject or kiss me back. Just standing there in my embrace with her lips tug frozen while brushing mine. I'm waiting for a response, not wanting to give the only chance I have. I open my eyes a little to sneak a look upon her feature.

She's shutting her lids.

And slowly I feel her lips move.

There. My short update. I know it's a suck chapter but guys, this is kinda a filler.

So here I am asking again. Who's POV you want it to be on the next chap? Please tell me by the comment!

Tap the VOTE button!

Lysm xx