Chapter 16

MAYA’S POV

How the hell I’m going to last a week here? Even the first, the goddamn first day, he already went through my clothes and had the balls to ask for red thongs? Lord please help me. I’m stuck here living under the same roof with a serial rapper.

Blame the day we moved here. If I’d only knew.

I need to tell Cameron. Wait no. She’ll only say dreamy quotes about me and Dwayne. I’m getting sick of her. Sick of betraying me for the hatred I felt for the devil. How come she likes Dwayne? After all these years we came to an agreement? As best friends?

Just suck it in Maya. It’s only a week. You just have to make sure you don’t get stuck in a room with the devil and everything will gonna be just fine.

I arranged my clothes for the week I the wardrobe and places some other stuffs in the bathroom. Pleased enough to know at least I have a personal bathroom here.

“Hey princess, mom told me this bathroom had problem with water.”

Everything in my hands as I was almost placed them on the sink fell down. Dwayne’s reflection was on the wide mirror.

“Can you please stop shocking me? Idiot.” Wait what did he said just now? “Did you say my bathroom got plumber problem?”

“Yeah. You can shower in my room anyway.” I froze as he winked at me. “Until the plumber come for fixation the day after tomorrow.”

Shower? In his bathroom? I’d rather ride to school and bath there peacefully. Yeah. That’s a good idea. But wait.

I forgot my keys at the keys rack. And mom locked the house all the way through. Completely no entry.

“No way I’m gonna bath in your room.”

“Really? You rather stink? Wow even you’re an excellent brat but you still have a witty brain.”

“I’m not witty. Who knows what you’re gonna do?”

“What am I going to do?” You’re one of a hormonal teenager. Tons of things you would do when you had the chance to. Who knows? Maybe you’re going to pull a prank? Molest me? Or even rape?

“W-whatever the stupid things you might.” Dwayne walked up to me making me to step back. I stopped when my lower back hit the edge of the sink. His head slowly lowered leveling my short one. I could feel the hotness of his breath brushing against me face. It all happened so fast that now my eyes were bored into his.

“See you at dinner princess.” He turned away exiting the bathroom door. My lids found it hard to blink and when I heard the door slammed shut, my chest contracted as the tensed breath released out. what did just happened? Usually I’ll lunged him down and shouted vulgar to piss him off. But why I just stuck there, studying his eyes and internally stuttered when he was that close to me? He made me to hick a breath, hard to exhale the air I sucked in. And that at the same time, my heart ramming fast on my rib cage. Was I scared of him? Intimidated? No. I didn’t scream. I was just.. thunderstruck.

····

“Dig in Maya. Make yourself home!” Dwayne’s dad was shoving me the dish and I awkwardly grab it. With Dwayne sitting on my opposite, it just made the situation much more uncomfortable.

“Liking here so far? We’re sorry for the plumber stuff. That’s why we vacant that room. It haven’t got fixed yet. But don’t worry, it’ll be fixed soon. You can take your shower at Dwayne’s or the bathroom downstairs.” His mom tried to comfort me. Sort of working but most of it didn’t. I had a major problem staying here.