Chapter 9

“It’s okay we can go out other times. Your ankle sprained. It’s inconvenient to you for a walk alright?” Mentally crying because the date was cancelled for my goddamn sprained ankle. This was not good. Not good at all. I thought I could unchained myself from all this distressed damsels I’ve been having since that devil moved in.

“Or could you come by here?” Holy shit where did I got the courage to ask a guy like that. Mom would freaked out if she knew I brought a guy home.

“Sounds great! Be there in 5.” The line went dead followed by a slight smirk across my face. Don’t know whether his presence here made me happy or the fact that we’re both going to be alone in my house. The thing that I’m scared of is that I’m starting to develop feelings for him. Maybe we’re started off like friends. I see we’re gonna get further than that but I don’t want to.

The sound of his engine clearly on my porch for exactly 5 minutes. I quickly opened the front door for him. He was in his middle length trousers and plain V-neck shirt. Simple but catchy. “Hey.” We both said in unison. “Your leg’s okay?” my eyes darted down to my sprained ankle. “Yeah I’m good. Better than yesterday.

After Dwayne took me home, he helped me to my room when I was debating him not to. Thanked God my parents weren’t in that time. He was stubborn to help me to apply the cream and massage the sprained area since we stopped for the clinic.

I shooed him several times but he ignored my vulgarities and kept on rubbing the sprained area in circles. So tired of cursing and wasting my saliva to shoo him away, instead I just leaned against my bed watching him exploring my room and asked every single thing he touched. I didn’t know what time he left because I was fast asleep and woke up alone in my room.

Strange thing was that that night, it was the most comfaortable sleep I’ve ever had. Usually I would be woken in the middle of the night huffing my hitching breath against my nightmares. My body would drenched in sweat and my chest would abnormally went up and down. It’s horrible and worsen in thunders. I can’t keep it to myself so I ended up sharing room with Janice.

I led Xander inside and he practically sat on the couch. I sat beside him a little further whilst he looking at me. “What?” He chuckled. “Nothing. It’s just you look better without makeup.” Did he really mean by that? I did bare my face naked in the morning but I never thought I forgot to put on some when meeting people.

“You’re blushing Maya.” I looked at him astounded.

“No I’m not.” And again he chuckled. “Why do you chuckle so often? Nothing’s funny here.”

“You are. But it’s rather cute. I like it.” He simply slip that one out from his lips. “You’re blushing again.” This time I must admit I am. I can feel the hot burning trailed my cheeks.

“Am not.”

“Are too.”

“Am not!”

“You ate breakfast?” That was unexpected. But I like that he changed the topic. It was kinda embarrassing. “No why?” He stood up from his seat. “Let’s make one.” My stomach growled when he finished said his line. This time I chuckled. “How ironic right?”

He smiled widely showing his white teeth, lending me his hand and I grabbed it without doubting. He’s a charmer. His sweet side was the one that got me hooked. Apart from Dwayne the Devil, he’s the first guy I met to love playing with kids.

The way he’s so strongly live his life and raised Ronnie on his own. I wonder if there’s any foster family wanted to take them. There’s definitely one want to but maybe he decline them all. Since he’s already 18, capable of working, there’s no doubt he can raise his sister and himself.