Chapter Twenty-Three: End of the Night

Jack ran over to the door, unlocked it, and screamed into the hallway.

"HELP!! WE NEED HELP OVER HERE!" Two nurses and a doctor ran towards the room. 

"What's wrong?" The doctor asked as he ran in.

"BRING HIM BACK!!" Ricky cried as he pointed over to Randy. 

"Oh, no..." the doctor whispered. "Stand back and give us some room!" he ordered. We hurried to the edges of the room to give them as much space as possible.

One of the nurses dragged over a metal machine to the side of the bed. The doctor switched a button which turned it on and he then grabbed two metal paddles. The other nurse opened up Randy's shirt so you could see his chest and she nodded at the doctor. The doctor rubbed the paddles together and yelled,

"Clear!" He pressed them on Randy's chest and it gave him a large shock. He then looked over towards the screen, but all there was, was a straight line. He rubbed the paddles together again and pressed them against his chest.

"Clear!" Randy's body jumped up, but his eyes didn't open. There was still a straight line on the screen. "Come on lad..." the doctor whispered as he continued to rub the paddles together again. Ricky ran his hands threw his greasy hair as Jack paced back and forth and Danny stood next to me and Jimmy watching the scene in horror. The doctor tried shocking him again with no luck. Randy's eyes were still closed and the line was still straight.

The doctor looked at one of the nurses and shook his head. The nurse looked at her watch and said,

"Eleven twenty-six PM." I cupped my hands around my mouth and started to cry.

No... This wasn't happening... Randy can't be dead. Please!! Randy open your eyes!

The doctor looked towards us and stood up. He walked over to us and said,

"I'm sorry... But he's not coming back." Ricky fell to his knees on the ground and broke down into tears. Danny turned to me and buried his face in my shoulder as he cried. I rubbed his back and tried to calm him down. 

"That can't be it!" Jack screamed at the doctor. "You're a doctor! Do your job! SAVE HIM!" 

"Listen, son... I can't do anything for him now. He's gone. I tried my best but-"

"Ya well your best didn't do anything!" Jack spat back.

"Now listen, I know this must be very hard for you but I think it's time you go now." Jack punched the wall as hard as he could and his fist went right through. Both Danny and Ricky looked up. I have never seen Jack like this. He was furious, and sad, and confused and he didn't know what to do. He pulled out his hand and his knuckles where all bloody. He looked at them and just grinned. 

I was terrified. 

"J-Jack?" I mumbled. He stopped grinning and turned his head towards me. "A-are you okay? Maybe we should get going..." 

"Yeah... Okay Blondie!" he smiled. I looked at Jimmy and he was confused as I was. "Thank you so much! You guys are such great doctors!" He called as he exited out of the door. We all looked at each other. What was Jack doing? We rushed out after him. He was just standing in the hallway. Jimmy slowly approached him from the behind. 

"Jack? You alright there man?" he asked as he placed his hand on Jack's back. Jack quickly turned around and shoved Jimmy away.

"Don't touch me!" he screamed. He went over to a small glass coffee table outside of room 7C, took the large flower vase resting on top of it, and smashed it to the ground. A mixture of glass, water, and flowers spread onto the floor. We all jumped back in fear. Jack was loosing it. He then took the small glass table and threw it down the hall missing Danny's head by just an inch. It shattered into a million pieces. He was screaming at the top of his lungs as he destroyed everything he could. All we could do was stand back and watch in horror. When he had finally reached the end of the hallway he stood there and looked down at his hands. They were bloody from him punching threw the wall and glass picture frames. He turned to look at us and said,

"Don't follow me." He burst threw the door of the stair case and ran off.

What was he gonna do?

I looked at the rest of the guys and they stared at all the damage Jack had done.

"We gotta get out of here before someone blames this on us!" Ricky said as he started making his way to the elevator. "Come on!" We followed him into the elevator and started heading down to the first floor.

"We should find Mike and Lucy and tell them," I suggested.

"Good idea," Jimmy said. We all had mixed emotions right now. Sad that Randy had just died, mad because it was the Richies fault, worried about Jack... We got to the first floor and saw Lucy and Mike right outside the hospital doors. We went outside to meet them.

"What happened?" Lucy asked.

"Yea, Jack just ran out and drove off in the car without saying a word," Mike said.

"Why were his hands bloody?" Lucy cried. Jimmy went up to them and told them everything. Randy dying, Jack loosing it... We sat around and processed everything that had happened for about twenty minutes.

"It's getting late. How are we gonna get home now?" I asked. 

"I'll go in and call my dad. He'll pick us up," Mike said as he walked into the hospital.

I walked over to Danny. He was leaning against the wall looking down at his thumbs.

"You doing okay?" I asked. He looked up at me and smiled. His eyes were still very red.

"I'll be okay. It's just everything happened so quickly..."

"I know.." I whispered as I laid my head on his shoulder. "Just a moment ago we were dancing under a gazebo." He laughed and said,

"You're right..."

"At least tomorrow's the last day," I smiled. He shrugged and said,

"Ya, I guess. We are gonna be tired in the morning though..." 

Mike walked out. "He's on his way." 

"I hope Jack's okay. I wonder where he's off to."

"He'll be okay," Danny said. "He just needs some time to cool off."

"Wanna hang out tomorrow after school with the gang?" I asked.

"Sure. Hey, anyone wanna meet up after school tomorrow with me and Blondie?" he called.

"Sure," Jimmy said.

"Ya I'm in," Mike agreed.

"Me too," said Lucy as she wiped the tears from her face.

Ricky smiled and nodded in agreement.

Bright head lights came towards us and Lucy and Mike's dad drove up to pick us all up.

It was a long night, but it was finally over.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 23!

PLEASE PLEASE vote and comment!!! Tell me what you think :)

I try to upload as soon as possible so keep checking for updates!!