Chapter Eleven: Back at School

The bell rang and school was finally over. Many people asked about what happened to my face. I just told them I fell of my bike. I avoided Aunt Genia last night when I was getting back from the Red Rock and this morning when I was leaving for school. I'm not sure if my story will work on her. I am a good liar but Aunt Genia always some how knows...

I walked out of the class room and made my way across the campus to the side gate where I would meet with Lucy and we'd walk back to my house. She always comes to my house after school. I got to the gate and I didn't see Lucy so I guessed she had to go run back and get something. I stood there holding my books when Scott walked up to me.

"Hey Blondie!" he called.

"Oh hi Scott," I began. "Whatchya doing here?" I asked. He shifted his eyes around.

"Well, uh Lucy told me I'd find you here. She wanted me to tell you she has to ask Mr. Jones a question about the lesson. She didn't want you to be bored so she told me to stick with you until she got back." Lucy... Oh course she would do something like this. She doesn't even have Mr. Jones!

"Oh, well that's very sweet. Thanks," I grinned. Did he actually like me? No, he was just being nice right? 

"Those look heavy," he said as he looked at the text books in my hands. "Lemme carry them for you," he offered.

"Oh, no. It's okay. You don't have to!" He took them from my hands and said,

"Well, let me at least carry them until Lucy gets back." I smiled. He really was sweet, and really cute too.

"So what's new?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Uh well actually-" his eyes looked like something was troubling him. But he shook it off and smiled. "Nothing much. I just can't wait for summer."

"Me too! I love just hanging around without any homework or projects."

"Yeah..." he whispered. "So uh, what's new with you?" he asked.

"Well, nothing major really," I said in return.

"You're not falling off any more bikes are ya?" he laughed. I lightly punched him in the arm.

"No!"

"Not crashing into any more strangers at movie theaters?" he smiled.

"No," I laughed. He grinned. He had a huge white smile that just lit up his whole face.

"So, Blondie. Are you doing anything tomorrow evening?" he asked.

"Umm. No I don't think so," I replied.

"Would you like to have dinner and um, maybe catch a movie with me?" he asked. My heart started beating real fast. Was Lucy right? Did he actually like me? But he's a Richie... But then Lucy's words came back to me. It's not like there is a law saying greasers can't date Richies! I smiled and looked into his big eyes.

"I'd love to," I answered. His face lit up.

"Great!" He looked over my shoulder. "Well looks like Lucy is back. So how about we meet here after school tomorrow. Then we can go get something to eat, maybe see a movie?"

"Sure!" I replied. He handed me back my books and kissed me on the cheek.

"See you here tomorrow then," he called over his shoulder as he started making his way back across the campus. I couldn't help but blush. Once Scott was out of sight Lucy ran over to me.

"Sooooo?? Did I just see what I thought I saw?" I smiled at the ground. Lucy shrieked, "Ah! I knew it! You two are perfect! I told you that he was into you." She put her arm around me and we started to walk back home. "So what did he say?"

"He asked me if I wanted to go get dinner with him tomorrow. Maybe see a movie."

"Annndddd??" 

"And I said yes." Lucy jumped in the air.

"What did I tell you! He is so into you." 

I looked at her and said, "It's okay, right? It doesn't matter he's a Richie, right?" 

"Of course it's alright. Greasers have gone out with Richies lots of times! Remember? Mike went out with that Richie girl for a while. Anyways, lots of Richies and greasers like you. They will be jealous of Scott, not mad." I nodded. She was right. I had to stop worrying.

"What do you think the gang will say?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it. They'll be okay with it. They've gone out with Richie girls before. But I'm not so sure how Jimmy will take it. I think you may have just broke his heart," she joked. We walked into my house and went into the kitchen.

"Hi Auntie," I said. She was sitting at the kitchen table reading a magazine.

"Hi Auntie Genia," Lucy added. Aunt Genia lowered her magazine.

"Oh hi girls! How was school?" she asked.

"Great!" Lucy explained. "Blondie's day ended quite well," she winked at me.

"Blondie what is sh- what the hell happened to you?" I guess it was finally time to tell her.

"I fell off a bike, it's no big deal."

"Oh sure, that looks like some bike injury! You've been in a fight? Haven't you?" she asked.

"No! I havn't" I defended. Aunt Genia turned to Lucy.

"Now, Lucy, I want the truth. What happened?"

Fear flickered in Lucy's eyes for a moment. "Really Auntie Genia! She fell off her bike! I was there!" Aunt Genia eyed her suspiciously.

"Alright....." she whispered. "So! What was it that made the end of your day so great?" she questioned.

"A super cute, sweet, strong guy asked her on a date tomorrow night and she said yes!!!!!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Well! What's his name? What's he look like? Where is he taking you? How did this happen?" she asked as her eyes grew larger and larger.

"His name is Scott," Lucy exclaimed. Aunt Genia grasped her heart and sighed.

"Oh! Such a handsome name!" she cried.

"His name is Scott, he has light blond hair and blue eyes. We are going out to dinner and then to the movies. He asked me after school today," I quickly informed. Auntie jumped up.

"Oh! He sounds so dreamy! We have to plan out what you're gonna wear, what your make will look like, how your hair will be...." I rolled my eyes. Auntie always reacted this way when I was going on a date.

"He's also a Richie," Lucy put in. Auntie sat down and closed her eyes.

"My life is complete!" she muttered. Me and Lucy laughed. "I remember my Richie boyfriend... Jim... Such a sweet heart! I loved him with all my heart! This was when I was about your age... A little older.."

"What happened to him?" Lucy asked.

"Went off to fight in the war... Never made it back..." Her eyes filled with sorrow. "He was too young... It wasn't fair..." She got up and went to the kitchen drawer. "I think I might still have his picture." She brought out an old picture of a man wearing a military uniform. He was tall and strong with black hair, and had a big, white smile. Auntie's face lit up. "Boy he was a looker, wasn't he?" 

"Ya... He sure was..." Lucy whispered.

She got up and put it on the refrigerator. "Well, don't you girls have some homework to do?" 

We smiled and headed upstairs into my room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter 11!!

PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!

I write chapters everyday and dedicate them to fans so keep checking for updates :)