Chapter Twelve: The Date

School was a drag. I couldn't think straight all day. All I could think about was Scott. I couldn't believe I was going out with him once the bell rang. I wondered what we were going to do. I really liked him. He was so sweet, cute, smart... It felt strange that I was going to go out with a Richie. I always viewed them as rich, stuck ups that acted like they could do what ever they wanted to. But Scott was different. It was funny how my feelings about him changed so quickly. At first I wish he would leave me alone and the very thought of him just angered me. But the more I think about him, the more I like him.

I was eagerly watching the last minutes of the day tick by. I dressed real nice for today. Auntie wanted me to look my best. I was wearing a lace black dress that had a red ribbon tied around the waist. I curled my hair and stuck in a couple of my Auntie's white flower pins. I had my classic red lipstick and black cat-eye eyeliner on. I also put on a little blush and some mascara. I hid my bruises quite well. You could only see the cut above my right eye and on my cheek. 

The bell finally rang and a smile sprung on my face. I jumped up and gathered all my books. My locker was just outside the classroom. I put all my books away so I wouldn't have to carry them around while we were out having a good time. I was lucky that I didn't have any homework tonight anyways.

I started walking in the direction to our meeting spot when I ran into Danny and Jimmy.

"Hey Blondie! You look real good today! Wait, I already told ya that... Oh well, it's true!" Jimmy grinned.

"Thanks Jimmy, you sure know how to make a girls day," I grinned back.

"So where you going? I saw Lucy going the other way," Danny said. I didn't want him to know about the date. But I just can't lie to Danny...

"Well, uh... I'm actual-"

"Danny! Jimmy!" Lucy interrupted. "Hey I was just looking for ya! I'm going down to Marty's to see Mike. You two should come with me! I don't wanna walk alone."

"Okay, sure. Blondie, wanna come?" Danny asked. My eyes shifted over to Lucy. I really didn't want Danny to know I was going to go with Scott on a date.

"Oh, she's busy. Auntie Genia needs her help cleaning out the basement, right?" said Lucy.

"Right!" I quickly responded. "Well, I gotta go... She told me to come as soon as I could! See ya later!" I called as I headed in the direction where I was going to meet Scott. What would I do without Lucy?

As I approached the gate I saw Scott leaning against the wall. He stood up straight when he saw me coming. He was wearing a black button down shirt with dark blue jeans, a black leather jacket and black, clean sneakers. For a Richie, he sure didn't dress like one all the time.

"Wow, you look great!" he exclaimed. I blushed.

"Thanks," I smiled. "So where are we going?" I asked. He put his arm around me and lead me to the parking lot. 

"I have a night planned of surprises! So you are just going to have to wait and see," he grinned. He lead me over to his car. It was a dark blue Mustang. He opened the door for me and I sat down in the leather seat. He hopped in the other side and turned on the engine. "Off to surprise number one!" He pulled out of the parking lot and headed down the street. He parked in front of the movie theater.

"Back when I first saw you, right here in front of this very theater, I knew that I would have to take you out on a fun night." He winked at me and turned off the engine. "Stop number one!" He jumped out of the car and came over to my side to open the door for me. I got out of the car and smoothed out my dress. He shut the door and took my hand. We walked into the theater and he ordered us two tickets to a movie.