Chapter Fifteen: Shopping

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been able to post a chapter in a couple days. I've been distracted by the Olympics. The opening ceremony was awesome! I'm sad Michael got 4th :( but he still has some more chances to get gold:) Anyways here's the delayed next chapter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 My eyes fluttered open. Bright light was pouring through my window. 

"Hey Sleeping Beauty!" Lucy called from my desk. She was brushing her hair in the mirror. Lucy spent the night over at my house so she could come dress shopping with me and Aunt Genia in the morning. The week had passed pretty quickly. I haven't said anything to Scott about you-know-what and just acted like nothing had ever happened. I did it to protect him.

"How long have you been up?" I asked as I got out of the covers.

"Hmm about thirty minutes," she replied. She was already dressed. I looked over to the clock. It was ten eleven. I went over to my closet and put on a pair of dark, tight jeans and a flowy white blouse. I then went over to do my hair.

"So who are you going with again?" I asked.

"Brian Palmer," she grinned as she put her hair up in a bun. I smiled. Lucy has had a huge crush on Brian ever since seventh grade. He was a cute, tough, greaser. They would be real cute together.

I put on a little make up and slipped on my brown boots. I decided to leave my hair down but put a ponytail around my wrist in case I would need it later.

"So what kind of dress are you thinking about?" Lucy asked me. 

"I have no clue. But when I see it, I'll know it's the one."

"It's gonna be weird seeing the guys dressed up, isn't it?" she smiled.

"Ya, it sure is. Could you imagine Jack dressed up?" We both started laughing. Since Jack was a drop out, he wasn't going to come, but it was still funny to picture!

"Hey girls!" Aunt Genia yelled from downstairs. "Ya ready?"

"Yes!" we called back.

"Well hurry on down, I'll be in the car!"

Lucy put on her shoes and grabbed her purse. I looked over near my bed. I still had Jack's jacket.

"Do you think we will run into Jack afterwards?" I asked.

"Uh, I dunno. Probably. Take it with you just in case." she called as she headed down stairs. I put on his jacket and followed her. We walked out the door and towards Aunt Genia's old Cadillac. 

"Well about time!" she squeaked as we got in. "All the cute dresses are probably all gone by now!" she winked. She turned on the engine and we started making our way to town. 

"Blondie! You're wearing your greaser boyfriends jacket while shopping for a dress to wear with your Richie boyfriend!? This is quite the scandal!" she joked. I smiled back.

"Auntie, only you would think of something like that! I'm wearing Jack's jacket because I might see him later so I can give it back to him if I do!" Lucy started laughing. We pulled up in the drive way of a small dress shop. Auntie said she knew the owner and guaranteed that this was the place that all the cute dresses could be found. We got out of the car and walked into the store.

"Helllllloooo???" Aunt Genia called. "Boy this place is a dump!" she yelled. A short black haired women that was about Auntie's age came out of the back room.

"Oh Genia you joker!" she laughed as she gave Auntie a huge hug. 

"This is my niece Blondie and her friend Lucy. They're here to get a dress for that upcoming school dance!" she grinned as she pointed to us.