Chapter Nineteen: Jack's Orders

I had a little writers block so sorry that this chapter is a lot shorter than the others

----------------------------------------------------

"This isn't fair," Lucy grumbled as she folded her arms across her chest.

Ricky explained to the officer back at the hospital that he was driving  fast so he could go and see Randy. Usually the fuzz would have loved to thrown us all in the cooler for the night and he probably would have if Ricky didn't talk him out of it. Ricky has a way with words and can always talk people into and out of crazy things.

We had driven back to the gas station to give Larry his car back. We were all upfront while Ricky was returning the keys and telling Larry what had happened. Jack was still furious. He was standing near the entrance smoking a cigarette and throwing his switch blade into the dart board over and over again. Everyone was scared of him right now and didn't dare go near him or say anything to him. The rest of us were standing at the opposite side of the station. Jack just needed some time on his own to cool off.

"I can't believe it. Those Richies really did shoot him," Lucy said making sure her voice was low enough so Jack couldn't hear.

"Yeah..." Jimmy said under his breath. We all weren't sure what to say or what to do.

"So, uh... What now?" I asked. Everyone looked around at each other. 

"Should we just admit it?" Danny asked. "That we killed them?" Everyone's eyes filled with fear.

"What?! Danny, we can't do that!" Jimmy cried. "Well all go to jail!"

"Ya, but you heard them. They said if we didn't admit it we were gonna regret it! Now look at Randy! What if it's just gonna get worse and worse??"

"You're gonna keep your mouths shut," Jack called. We all stopped talking. We didn't know he was listening in. He threw his cigarette on the ground, put his switchblade in his pocket, and walked over to where we were all standing. 

Mike sighed and said, "Jack-" 

"Listen to me!" Jack yelled. "Nobody's gonna say a damn thing! Ya hear me?! I'll skin the first one who squeals to those Richies. I sure as hell don't wanna go back in the cooler! You guys don't get it. You don't know what a couple months can do to you..." Jack always talked about when he was in jail. He said he liked it there. That he would intimidate all the other members in there...

"But Jack all those stories-"

"They're bullshit, okay? No I didn't enjoy myself. It was hell. You see and learn things you wished you never had to. You end up getting tough and hard... You're never the same person again.. I don't wanna see that happening to any of you guys..."

"But what about Randy? First it's him, who knows what those Richies are gonna do next?" Ricky said was he walked over to join our group.

"We just gotta pay a little more attention, that's all. Randy wasn't expecting it, and he wasn't so lucky. We can all defend ourselves from those Richies, we'll be okay. Everyone, from now on make sure you've got a switchblade on you. And never go alone somewhere. If everyone does that, we don't have to say anything."

We all looked at each other with uncertainty. 

"Do you think Randy would want us to all go to the cooler?" Jack asked.

"I... I guess not," Danny mumbled.

"Then just do what I say and don't say anything."

We all nodded.

"So what now?" I asked.

"I- I think I'm just gonna go home..." Randy said.

"Yeah, me too," Danny agreed.

"I'm heading over to the Red Rock for a drink," said Jack.

"I'll come with you," Jimmy told him.

"Let's head home Lucy," Mike said as he walked over to her.

"Okay.. What are you gonna do Blondie?" she asked. 

"I guess I should go home too.. I'll walk with you and Mike."

We all started heading our own ways.

When I got home Aunt Genia wasn't there. I guess she had just left for her book club. I don't know why they call it a book club. All they really do is eat, drink, smoke, and gossip. I went up to my room and my dress was lying on my bed. It was just gorgeous! I couldn't get over it. Those Richies weren't gonna ruin anything. I am still gonna have a great time at the dance and they can't stop me. Randy would want it that way. To show those Richies that we aren't weak.

_________________________________________

End of chapter 19! 

If you wanna see what Blondie's dress looks like there is a picture in the side bar of chapter 15! Go check it out! :)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!!!

I post chapters everyday to keep checking for updates!