Chapter 35- I don't approve.

Shane's POV

I stared at him, not knowing what to say. I looked at Ryan, for help, but she just stared, blankly at her mom. While her mom avoided eye contact.

It was very... awkward, and I wanted to leave, but I knew it wasn't right.

I was about to open my mouth, and say something, but Ryan beat me to it.

She stood up, knocking her chair over.

"I hate you mom! No matter how many chances I give you, you always screw up again!" I looked at her with concern, and grabbed her hand. She ignored me, and I watched her silently, as the tears started to fall.

Her mom, was loss for words, and soon started to cry. My uncle tried comforting her, by rubbing her back, but she just started to cry more.

"I-I'm so sorry Ryan! You have every right to hate me. B-b-" she stuttered out.

"You know what mom? Just save it. I don't wanna hear it." She ran upstairs, and I didn't know what to do.

I got up, and had the urge to go after her but I didn't. I started to walk to my house, when I felt this lump, in the pit of my stomach.

After debating with myself, about whether, or whether not I should go, I decided to go.

I changed into my bat form(lol I was laughing when I wrote this sentence, I know, it's pretty sucky.) and flew to Ryan's window.

I could tell, by the pink, polka dotted curtains. I knocked on the window twice, and she opened it, and laughed. I flew in, and returned to normal.

"Hey." I said, breathlessly.

She smiled, through her tears, and sat down on her bed. I sat down next to her, and looked at her.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked, softly.

She shook her head. "No, not really."

I nodded. "Okay." I pulled her into a hug, and kissed the top of her head, "Its gonna be okay. Shane is here."

She laughed, and I rested my chin on top of her hair.

She pulled away, as I pouted. "I was getting comfortable."

She got serious, as she frowned. "Uncle?"

I looked away, and avoided eye contact. "L-let's not talk about that."

She hugged my back, and murmured into my neck. "Okay. Then wanna know what happen between me and my mom?"

I nodded, and looked at her.

She sighed. "So, after my dad past away, in a chemical accident, I-I feel like my mom forgot about him. She's been seeing guys, and apologizing to me, over, and over again. But the next time, she just does the same thing. I try to brush it off, but I-I just can't."

She looked down.

I pulled her in close, and whispered in her ear, "Sometimes you can either forgive or forget, and sometimes, forgive is the better choice. Even though its harder." I looked at her, and before I knew it, I kissed her.

***

After an hour I left, and my uncle tried to catch up with me, but I just ignored him.

"Shane! Wait up kid!" I heard his footsteps behind me, and I started to run.

"Man, get the hell away from me." I called.

I heard him sigh, and soon enough, I made it to my 'house'. I quickly got in, and locked the door. I sighed.