Chapter 33- First Official Date

Ryan's POV

"Mom! I'm home!" I yelled, as soon as I got home.

"In the kitchen, hon." She hollered.
I threw my things on the ground and skipped into the kitchen.
She was baking cookies, and making lasagna.

"Need any help?" I offered. I rested my chin, on the palms of my hands.

She turned around. "That'd be nice. Why so happy?"
I shrugged. But deep down inside, I wanted to tell her right away.

"Can you mix the dough? Thanks."
I nodded, and walked over to the sink, to wash my hands. I went over to where she put the bowl of dough, and started to mix with the spoon. Should I tell her? Mmm.... I decide to, and clear my throat.

"Mom?"

"Yes?"

"Can I tell you something?" I ask her, hesitantly.

"Yes, of course."

"So remember... that boy? Named Shane?"

"Yes, he's a nice boy. Seems to care for you too." She added.

I smiled. She turned around to look at me. "Why the dreamy look?" she smirked. "He asked you out, didn't he!" she exclaimed.
I felt myself blush, and I looked down, before nodding. "Yeah."

She started to squeal, and shouted,"OHMYGOD! My baby got herself a decent boy!"

"Mom." I said. And, this is the part that becomes embarrassing...Usually,but not this time.
She wiped her hands on her apron, and walked over to me. She gave me very tight-hug, and said,"Your daddy would've been so proud."

***

So, I'm in my room right now, trying to figure out what to wear. My mom decided that it'd be a good idea, to invite Shane over for dinner. I sighed. I don't know what to wear. I pull out my phone from my pocket, and text Shane.

Hey, my mom invited you over for dinner. Can you come over?

He texted me back 2 minutes later:

I'll be there in 5 minutes. If i'm still not there then, read the first sentence again.

I laughed. He's cute. I shook my head, and went back to my closet. After 10 minutes:

I picked out my outfit! Finally. I put together a ruffled floral dress, with a cream chiffon jacket, black flats, and some black rose earings. I took the clothes into the bathroom, and changed. Once done, I curled my hair, and pinned it onto the side. I looked in the mirror. I liked it. But something was missing... I grabbed the coca-cola lip balm, on the counter, and put it on my lips. (hi, heres the link to her outfit, I made on Polyvore! www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=130544354)<-A/N

I walked down the stairs, and went into the kitchen.

"Ooh, my baby is beautiful!" My mom said. She was wearing a white blouse, with black pants, and a pearl neckless, my dad gave her, 4 years ago.

I grinned,"Thanks mom."

"Won't be saying that when Shane calls you beautiful." She muttered to herself.

I gasped. "Mom!" She smiled, real big, and shook her head. "What? It's true."

I stuck my tongue out at my mom, and asked her, "Do you need any help with anything, then?"

She shook her head,"No, everything is set."
Just then the twins ran out in their underwear, and I practically screamed. They were covered in pink glitter, and they were giggling like nuts.

"What the?" Was all I could say.
My mom frowned at them. "Mind explaining?"

Chase pointed at Ty. "He did it!"

Ty stuck his tongue out. "Yeah, I did. Tattle-tale."

My mom shook her head. "I think the dinner will have to be rescheduled."

"But I already texted Shane." I told her.

"Just explain to him, when he gets here. Then y'all can go out to eat. It'll be fine." My mom started to take the twins upstairs, and told them, "You naughty, naughty boys!"

I laughed.
Ding dong!
I ran to the door, and looked out the peephole. I smiled, when I saw Shane.
I opened the door, and he walked in.

"Hey." I greeted. He was wearing jeans, a white t-shirt, and a leather jacket. Nice...

"Sup' pretty lady." He complimented. I blushed. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the sofa. "Sit down, I have to tell you something."
He sat down, and asked,"Whats up?"

"So, my twin brothers, made a mess. And my mom said the dinner is gonna be rescheduled." I explained.

He pouted. "Are you shooing me away? It's very lonely at my place. Come stay with me?"

My eyes widened. "No, and my mom said we could go eat out."

He smirked. "Just the two of us, right?"

I felt my cheeks heat up, as I turned away. "Don't think of pulling any stunts, though."

"Okay."
***
At Olive Garden (an Italian restaurant, for anyone who doesn't know what it is.)

I twirled the spaghetti with my fork, and ate it.
Shane was practically swallowing his lasagna whole. I laughed. "Do you need help?"

He shook his head.
"So what's on the agenda for tomorrow?" Shane asked, out of the blue.
I thought about that. "Isn't tomorrow Friday?"

"Oh yeah, I meant Saturday."

"Uhh, we could hit the mall with Macy and Dylan."

He nodded. "Sounds good."
"By the way does this count as our official first date?" he added.

I grinned, and nodded.
After Shane paid, we started to walk to my house, and it was sweet.
"So, where are we?" he asked me, as he slipped my hand into his. I blushed.

"Well, you asked me to be your girlfriend. And I said yes. So I guess we're a couple now." I told him.

He nodded. "So I don't want to pry, but how come you started to hate me? After the coma thing?"

I flinched. "Oh, uh. Let's not talk about that, now."

"Okay." That's the thing I love about him. He worries about me, but will let me be, if I don't wanna talk about it.

We walked in a comfortable silence, until he spoke up.
"Ryan will you promise me something?"

"It depends."

"Will you stay with me forever?" he asked.
I stopped walking. Did he just ask me that? I laughed.
"Did you just ask me that?"

He nodded slowly. "Don't call me desperate, but I love you, Ryan. And that will never change. I'm just asking you to stay with me, if you love me. Or just leave, if you don't. I don't want to be toyed with." Woah, I didn't know that Shane thought like this. It felt...like it was all going to fast.

"I-I. I do love you Shane." I gasped. I didn't mean to say that. I turned away, embarrassed.

"Don't be embarrassed. Now turn around. I have to tell you something."
I did as told, and he held my chin, and kissed me.
***
Hi hi, I'm trying to stretch this story just a bit more. I don't want it to end yet! :)
Anywho, I want myself a Shane, after writing this chapter. Ryan is so lucky to have a guy like him! lol, I'm envious of a fictional character I created.
Well, that's it. Vote, comment and stay supportive! <3