Chapter 4-Trouble, lunch and Macy's secret whats next?

Ryan's Pov

My eyes snapped open, when I felt somebody poke me. What the heck is going on?

Oh yeah, I fell asleep because she was so boring.

Only my first day and I'm already falling asleep? Really? My classmates laugh and point at me. Psh. Like I care.

"Ryan Larson, are you sleeping in my class?" She bites out.

"Nah." I answer sarcastically, I had no idea where all this sass was coming from, but it just slipped out. It was probably the fact that she was so much like Ms. Arnold, so I felt like I just needed to give her the sass.

"That is it young lady, I do not have the patience!" She spat out at me.

The laughing starts to die. Mrs. Priss pulls out a pink notepad, and scribbles words down like a madman. Err, madwoman.

"Detention." She says, slapping a detention slip onto my desk.

She strolls casually back to her desk and starts drowning on about geometry, as if nothing happened.

Oh wow, yeah, lets act like you weren't just a bitch five seconds ago.

"See you tomorrow class." She chirps, as the bell rings. The class lets out a sigh, almost. As if, we already hate her.

I grunt and slip my bag over my shoulder, looking at Macy, who was leaned against the door.

"Soo how was your nap?" Macy asks me, giggling. Clearly, amused by my actions.

"It was just splendid, until the wicked witch of the west came!" I yell.

But it just blended into the rest of the noise in the hall, so nobody else turned and looked at me funny, or laughed. Our next class was science, my favorite subject. Macy and I walk into the class and get greeted by our teacher.

"Hello ladies, welcome to science class! I'm Mr. Harrison." A 30-ish year-old man says cheerfully. He does the jazz hands, at the word science class. I laugh at how he exaggerated 'science class'.

"Hi, I'm Ryan Larson, nice to meet you?" I replied, although it came out more like a question. I think so far he is my favorite teacher. He just seems so.... cheery and happy. But not so much, as to the point where it gets annoying.

"Hey, I'm Macy Flowers." Macy says dryly. Whats up with her?

"Hey to you too." Mr. Harrison mutters.

We take the seats in the back and class flies by quickly. Macy and I drop off our stuff in our lockers and head to lunch.

"So who's your favorite teacher so far?" I ask, as we walk in the empty halls.

" Me? It has to be Miss. Diaz! She's the child development teacher." Macy states.

Macy loves little kids, I mean I like them too but to take care of them? Thanks but no thanks, I'll pass. I'll do it if you pay me, or feed me. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, so I bump into this hard wall and fall back.

"Ouch." I groan.

"Oh I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" A familiar voice presses. So it wasn't a wall... I feel myself flush, at my stupidity.

"Ugh my head.'' I moan.

I open my eyes, not even realizing I had closed them in the first place, and reveal guy.

I stand up and stumble back down. Shane reaches out at me with his hand.

I swing my arm lazily at him. Once I prop myself up I mutter a thanks, and walk to the cafeteria with Macy. He waves me goodbye, and he walks the opposite way from the cafeteria. Where is he going? Lunch is behind him?..

"Are you alright?" She asks finally breaking the awkward silence we shared.

"Yeh I'm fine." I confirm. I sigh. I'm such a klutz. I need to watch where I'm going, next time. The awkward silence had found its way back between us, and I decided to leave it alone. We walk through the line, and grab our food. We find an empty table, on the right side of the commons, and sit down.

Halfway through lunch, Macy decides to speak up. "He was so cute!" She shrieks all of the sudden. I grin. Thats Macy, always crushing on guys. I look at her, clearly love-struck, before replying to her.

"Oooh looks like Macy has a crush!" I tease. She giggles, and stuck her tongue out at me. I rolled my eyes, and the rest of lunch was awkward silence, free.

*

*

*

We head to English class.

Yay, my 2nd favorite subject!

In the hall something suddenly caught my eye.

It was on the floor.

And it was red. And it was a liquid.

" Uh you see that too. Right?" Macy asks me, worry filling her voice. I nod slowly. I find myself glued to the tile grounds. Macy tries to pull me towards it, and eventually drags me over.

Stepping cautiously towards it, my breathing slows, when I see a pool of blood.

****

Dun, dun, dun! Cliffie! Yay! Hope you like the chapter! Please vote, and comment! <3