Chapter 9: Envelope

Donald searched the mansion, but Dewey was nowhere to be found. He was in the boys' room a few times, but each time he met an empty room. He wanted to help his nephew, but he had doubts if he could get to him. Dewey had been badly broken recently and did not even respond to words. Despite this, Donald felt he had to help him, no matter how hard it would be. Once again he was walking down the hall, when he did not know why he turned into the opposite wing of the residence. He walked for a moment, until he suddenly saw his nephew under the door of Webby's room. Dewey had something big and white in his hand, probably an envelope. An adult duck stood around the corner and watched him. He wanted to see what he was doing here. Then Dewey sighed loudly and knocked on the door. Uncle smiled. "And he decided to fix it himself, how fast they grow!" He said to himself and walked away quietly.

***

Dewey squeezed the envelope in his hands. He knocked on the door just a second ago, but it seemed to him that much more time had passed.

He already wanted to leave the envelope under the door and run away when it opened. Webby stood in the doorway. She looked slightly surprised when she saw Dewey in front of her. They stood for a few moments in complete silence. Each of them was still and looked at the other. Dewey felt his hands sweat and swallowed quickly. Before he came here he had all the text that Webby wanted to say in his mind, but now he couldn't say a word.

At the moment, when Dewey tried to gather up the courage and say anything, Webby grabbed the handle and began to close the door. "Go away" she said with a slight exasperation.

Dewey quickly held the door with his foot and grabbed Webby's hand. "What are you doing? I think I told you that you have to go," she looked surprised at Dewey.

"I wanted ... I wanted to apologize to you for everything I said, I just wanted Huey and Louie to stop saying I like you more than a friend." Dewey looked away and blushed slightly.

"I was nervous and ... I couldn't stop my anger ... I want you to forgive me ... Please ..." He squeezed her hand tighter and looked into her eyes.

Webby was also looking at him, but Dewey couldn't read anything from her eyes. Finally, she wrenched her hand from Dewey's grip and looked at him coldly.

"Your brothers have already told me this, understand that no one has ever hurt me so much, I would like to be indifferent to your words, but I just can't speak, I hear them all the time, I feel that you have said exactly what everyone thinks, who's ever met me. Just go. "

Webby became sad and wanted to close the door again. Dewey felt his heart break for a split second. He managed, however, to squeeze out the envelope at the last minute, which he kept in his hands all the time.

"Webby ... if you can't forgive me when I'm standing with you ... see what's in this envelope." This is the last thing I ask you. "He looked at the duck with a waiting and desperate look at the duck. Webby watched the envelope with surprise. Then she transferred her gaze to Dewey. She took the envelope in her hands. "I will do it only because you ask for it, do not expect that what is inside can change anything." Dewey nodded and turned away sadly and began walking toward his room and his brothers.

Webby felt like a part of her soul was dying when she saw Dewey so sad. She was about to shout for him to come back, but at that moment she heard his words about her again. She sighed quietly and closed the door. She looked at them sadly at the envelope. She turned her around and saw the writing, made by Dewey. "Webby Vanderquack, a duck that everyone would like to meet," she read. A second later she noticed that there was one more smaller inscription

"I will never forgive myself, but I hope that after you see what's inside, you may think of me differently, your Dewey."

After the last two words, Webby's heart seemed to jump a little and she herself didn't feel that she couldn't wait to unwrap the envelope. She ripped the paper and peeked inside.