Chapter 8: Little More Courage

(So you voted for Dewey's feelings!!! Let's begin! I'm sorry for short chapter)

Dewey sat on the bed with a book in his hand. He slowly turned over pages, each reading a few minutes. He looked once more at the cover and sighed softly.

It was a book that Webby gave to him. Several pages were already written by her. She wrote about their several adventures before finding Della. They were like brother and sister to each other! Later, they both felt that something had changed and when they were even closer, he had to say those stupid things!

He closed the diary and laid it on the bed. However, the book was too close to the edge and fell from the middle bed to the floor. Dewey went downstairs immediately and when he picked up the book, a piece of paper fell out of it. Surprised, he picked it up and turned it over.

It was his and Webby's picture.

Dewey immediately remembered the situation that took place while taking this photo. Webby stumbled and fell to the stone during the race with him. A blood flowed from her wound on her leg.

The picture was taken by Huey, who wanted to get the attention of the attentive photographer while Dewey disinfected Webby's wound.

The picture read: "I know that I can always rely on you, I want to share with you, even the most dangerous adventure! Enjoy reading, Webby your best friend!"

Dewey's eyes widened. He suddenly pulled off the white pin and tossed it into the trash.

After a moment, however, he changed his mind and took it out of the basket. He spent a while in the drawers of the desk and took out a large envelope from one of them. He put a picture, a pin and a diary in it. "Only a little more courage Dewey!" he thought, then took a deep breath and wrote something on the envelope. He put it on the desk and looked at it.

After the situation with Webby, he walked depressed, like a shadow. He didn't speak to anyone. It wasn't the same Dewey. In addition, after the last meeting with her he had a very strange feeling in his heart. In the eyes of Webby, he saw something ... different. He quickly wiped his eyes, then sighed deeply, took the envelope and left the room.