Chapter 3 book 1

Chapter 3

While Sam, Jyoti and the others were struggling with those weird events in Summerville, the same events began their course in Cleveland.

Jane's P.O.V

Cleveland, Ohio

10/September/2012

I'm fed up with the way my life is going on. First, the freaking politics at work, then my parents at home started fighting. Next to all of that, I received a warning email from my manager saying that if I don't achieve my sales target this month they will fire me.

Why was my manger blaming ONLY me for my work performance when all of my other workers are more behind in their target achieving scales?

I'll probably end up dropping my resignation before they have a chance to fire me. I've seen many girls who compromise to retain their jobs, but I'm not the one to manage that.

If all the workers carry on the same way it's not going to be long before the companies go bankrupt. Freaking idiots.

After I had updated my daily diary, I was planning to go out for a walk, but my cell phone started beeping. Morgan was calling me. She's the only one who I can say is my best friend.

She has blonde hair and has been living on her own ever since her mom died. Once her step father sexually harassed her. She keeps her grades high in school and has received an MBA scholarship from a renowned university. I really didn't understand why she choose to work at the company that I worked for when she had offers from vast companies in the fortune 500 list. She had her own reasons though, I'm guessing it's because of her boyfriend, Jake who was close to being fired last month. Even though she didn't tell me, I knew how she managed to save his job.

"Hi Morgan, what's up honey?" I asked after picking her call.

"Yeah, hi Jane." She sounded to be really low-sad even.

"Hey, is everything fine?" I asked her with concern.

She burst into a cry and spoke, "Jane, it's Jake"

"Hey, why are you crying? What happened to Jake?"

"You know I have compromised with my career, my life and even my .......... soul for him but today .......you know......... I just can't ....... believe ........how could he ........" I could tell that she was really disturbed while saying all this.

"Hey honey calm down and tell me what happened between both of you." I tried to comfort her but it didn't really work.

"Jane you know last month how to save his job I slept with that mother fu-r manager just to save his ass........and ..........today he .........says .........everything .......is over ........ between us."

"What? I can't believe this! He can't betray you, I know him Morgan." I tried to comfort her by saying that.