Facebook HAUNTED !

©Samsandhu1987

Face Book Haunted

"Mom! Let me go with them!!" Rachael complained angrily.

"No young lady, not until you are eighteen. I want you to just go to your bedroom before I call your Dad and tell him what you are up to these days!" Mom shouted.

"You're disgusting!" Rachael yelled back, and proceeded to climb the creaking stairs towards her spacious room.

She switched on her plasma TV and started surfing different channels. When she found nothing interesting she violently threw the remote at the corner of her bed and instead switched on her PC. All her friends and virtually the entire year group were going out tonight, to watch a movie at the beach, and her stupid step mom wouldn't allow her to go to THE party of the season. She claimed "You're too young for these kind of parties!" and told her "You're just looking for trouble! People will think you're willing to do bad things if you act that way!".

"What a load of rubbish. She's just jealous she can't go herself", Rachael thought absentmindedly.

She double clicked on the blue Internet Explorer browser shortcut and waited impatiently for her Google homepage to load. "Gosh, why is my Wi-Fi so slow? Stupid server! " Rachael exclaimed, clearly annoyed.

Once the webpage had loaded and she could clearly see the Google logo decorated with tree leaves and twigs entwined around the letters, Rachael eagerly selected the option: "My Face Book". While she waited for the familiar midnight blue site to load, she gazed at the pure white dress hanging from her wardrobe. It had a tight lacy bodice, with a ruffled skirt attached to the bottom. Pink flowers traced up and down the ruffles, and when a slight breeze flowed into the room, the dress fluttered about like a butterfly.

"Why does my Step-Mom have to be so horrible to me? I was really looking forward to wearing my beautiful new dress! I was going to be made at this party! All the guys would love me! Ugh I just wish my Dad would get another wife..." She sniffled, wallowing in self-pity.

Ping!

Finally her favorite website had loaded! It sharply chimed fifteen times, signaling she had fifteen new notifications. Examining the page, Rachael also noticed that she had two friend requests, and one new message.

Searching through all her notifications, she found nothing of interest. It was mainly just comments about the new pictures she had uploaded last night from her birthday party. She hastily replied to them and then checked her inbox. It was belated birthday wish, so she just answered "Thanks!".

A few minutes later, a message popped up and flashed on her screen.

"Hi lol" said Stacey.

"Hiii, what's up? Where are you? Are you lost? You didn't come to my birthday party!" Rachael responded, adding an angry smile emoticon at the end.

"Sorry darling! I'm still on holiday with my family and cousins." Stacey explained.

"Oh, ok, but I thought you were supposed to go next week?"

"Yeah, I was, but the plan changed- yippy! I am enjoying it here... I thought the beach party was tonight?" answered Stacey.

"Yes, it was, but my stupid Mom wouldn't let me go. She's so annoying." Rachael replied, furious.

"Oh sorry to hear that babe. Just hold on for a min, I'll be back lol."

While she waited for Stacey to return to her messenger, Rachael checked whom the friendship requests she had noticed earlier were from. They were both from unknown people. Thinking for a moment, she decided not to accept them straightaway like usual, instead being cautious and clicking on one of their profiles. The first one seemed to be a One Direction fan, seeing as that was his profile picture. As he had all mutual friends, and Rachael was a big fan of the boy band herself, she approved the request instantaneously.