Looking Around

Chapter Six

"Yep, definitely a mini Sherlock. And Sherlock, do shut up. You're just proving my point."

--

The door of the apartment swung wide open and four paramedics could be evidently seen rushing down the stairs. They carefully carried Cate onto the gurney and out of the room, John and Sherlock followed closely behind. They walked out of the front door; the cold February air whipping their faces, Sherlock immediately flipped up his coat collar and furrowed his eyebrows. He and John watched silently as Cate was carried onto the ambulance, the doors shut swiftly behind her. Lestrade walked over and joined Sherlock and John as the ambulance drove away promptly. Lestrade had his arms folded to keep himself from the cold, Sherlock had his hand dug deeply into his coat pockets, and John had started to make his way back inside.

"So...what was her name?" Lestrade inquired.

"Cate, with a 'C', she hasn't told me her last name yet, but I'm sure I will find out soon enough once I look through her room." Sherlock replied.

"Anything else about her?"

"She ran away from her home a few years back, I'm not quite sure of the reasons but I have 5 theories, it would require a look through her room to retrieve any solid information. She either has OCD or Mrs Hudson has been in her flat quite often to clean it out. She isn't often in her apartment, she doesn't eat in there quite often either, so I'm guessing that she has most of her meals with Mrs Hudson. That's probably why she's gained a considerable amount of weight since I left, that would also mean Cate is a good cook and Mrs Hudson enjoys her cooking, otherwise she would refuse to eat it. There wasn't much left to observe considering she was covered in blood. On a different note, may I say that the police force is slacking. They assumed Cate was dead without carrying out proper checks. They looked at the blood and anticipated the worse."

"Well, if I could just say something, I would say you're slacking too. You still haven't told me why she was covered in blood and left to die; and how old she is. All I found out about her is that she is a good cook, possibly has OCD and that she ran away from home." Sherlock looked dumbfounded, ashamed he hadn't deduced that much, and Lestrade had been the one to tell him that he had forgotten to deduce her age. He felt somewhat...humiliated.

"I couldn't deduce much, could I? She was covered in blood." Sherlock snapped.

"Alright, alright, don't get your panties in a twist." Lestrade held his arms up in surrender, and smirked at the slightly haughty looking detective.

"I'm going to investigate her room; I suspect that I have a search warrant?"

"Yeah, knock yourself out; just report whatever you find out about her back to me. Okay?" Sherlock gave a curt nod and walked off.

---

He looked at the front door of 221; there was a dent in between the front step and the bottom of the door. Circular, suggests the intruder used an umbrella to stop the door from being closed, the dent is quite strong as well, Cate must have put a lot of effort into trying to close the door. The only reason she would close it with this much force would is if she recognised the person and he was dangerous to her. Sherlock then entered the building and walked straight to 221c. There were new scratches on the lock that weren't there yesterday morning when he came to badger Mrs Hudson about where she had put his plate of tongues. He re-entered the apartment, and started walking down the staircase.

Scuff marks on the landing, obviously tripped on the last step. Dent on the wall, very deep and circular, someone's head hit it; Cate had tripped over her intruder on the last step causing rage and fury from the intruder. Black scuff marks on the wall, the small idiot tried to immobilise her intruder by attacking him, but he was obviously bigger than her. He then dragged her to the chair, she tried grabbing on to the skirting, but he was too strong, then she started clawing the ground. Just another blatantly unintelligent fool trying to not be dragged away somewhere, by clawing at the floor. 

Sherlock looked around her room searching for a place where she would put her IDs. He looked at an old, ornate drawer that was near the staircase. He saw that the middle drawer had been taken out the most. He decided to check in that drawer first, he pulled it out and quickly flipped the contents out, careful not to look directly at them (they were filled with Cate's underwear and various other items). The bottom of the inside of the drawer was a slightly darker shade than the bottom of the outside. He checked the bottom of the drawer and saw that there was a small circle that had been cut out. There were slight impressions on the wood around it; barely noticeable unless you were looking. On looking around, Sherlock saw a pen lying on top of the drawers and used it to push through the hole. There was a slight screech as the wood at the bottom of the inside of the drawer began to slowly but surely come out. The wood came out with a slight thump as it hit the ground, but that wasn't the only thing that fell on the ground. Around half a dozen of passports and ID cards now lay on the ground. All bearing different names but with Cate's face on it. Different births, different names but the same face. Who exactly are you?

--

I KNOW, I KNOW. DON'T KILL ME!!! AT LEAST I UPDATED. HA...HA. FINE MURDER ME, BUT FIRST YOU'LL HAVE TO FIND ME.

BTW THE COVER WAS MADE BY MRSPHOEBEHORAN. PIC ON THE SIDE >>>>

LATERZ!

anonymouse8