Chapter 3: Visiting

Ok I know this pic has nothing to do with the story but Tommy looks great alright 😂 Also want to say thanks to Gingers_Fanfics who's been so nice to me, also check their stories outs!!! Anyway chapter 3 here we go.

It was sometime since June last saw Gabriel, she felt worried by this. Wondering if she would ever see him again. Though she had her friends to help her to forget about worrying.

"Take that!" James pointed the wooden sword to June. They were having a sword fight, because they were both the captains.

"Never in a million years, Captain Flash" June fought back as she moved backwards. The other kids, who were on June's side, were all tide up by James crew.

"Beat him!" Millie  shouted to June. Trying to break free.

"Yeah! I wanna fight" Mike shouted back and tried to get out of the rope, which was just and old skipping rope.

"Yeah, I need to beat Alex after he ruined my hair!" Alex looked at Lavender laughing  "It's fine. You're just complaining"

CLASH

The swords went as the fight moved to the stair case, James near the top. All the kids moved, even the ones tide up, watched at the top of the steps.

"The trouble twins of the seven seas make sure they don't escape, if so tickle them to death!" James laughed as he fought against June.

"HELP!"

June then smirked as they held the swords next to each other "Well Captain Flash that was the wrong move. Because I have a trick up my sleave, its the most amazing trick ever, and it's called-"

" The Twisted crunch"

June stopped what she was doing and turned to the door, were she heard the vocie. She couldn't believe her eyes. She wiped them maybe hundred times but there he stood.

Gabriel

"Gabriel?" She wisbeard but then smiled and ran "GABRIEL!!!"

Gabriel laughed and she hugged him tightly and not letting go. He was happy seeing his sister again. It felt like forever since they last saw each other.

"June who's he?" James asked as the kids made their way to the ground floor, all looking at each other with confused looks.

"Oh this is Gabriel, he's my brother" June let go of him and then showed him all the kids "This is James, Lavender, Mike, Alex , Millie, Rick and Ryan"

"Nice meeting you" Millie smiled and was so cute doing so. Gabriel tipped the cap he had now "Nice meeting you too"

Then June realised that his outfit was different: red shirt with no sleeves, cap, different trousers, a plain bag,  everything was different really.

Miss Crawford came out of her office and smiled seeing Gabriel back again, they chatted till she said to the children "Ok now leave Gabriel and June now"

"Come on" James crossed his arms at this. He wanted to finish the sword fight. Miss Crawford explained "June hasn't seen her brother in ages let them have some space"

"Fine"

They all went away after saying bye, Gabriel and June then settled themselves in the quiet room.

"So what's been happening with you?" She asked sitting next to him. Beaming with a smile and waiting for questions to be answered "And why the new outfit?"

He smirked down at her "I'm a newsie now and-"

"Wow really!?" June was very excited by this. She would always see them around New York and thought they were so cool. She would laugh as they danced around and shouted carrying the banner.

"Yeah and guess where I'm staying?.......Brooklyn" He smirked and crossed his arms. Waiting to see his sister reaction.

June's jaw dropped hearing this "You're a newsie AND LIVE IN BROOKLYN!!!!!"

"Calm down now" He laughed and ruffled her hair "Yeah it's amazing and I get a decent amount of money, also I get to stay in the Brooklyn Lodging House"

Then an idea came to Junes head after he said those words "Wait.....how about I stay with you! Yes that would be amazing and-"

"June I can't let you stay" He calmly said spoiling her dreams. June stared at him like he was daft "But...why?"

Gabriel sighed and explained taking his cap off "You need to pay to stay June and I even struggle sometimes, even on my best days of selling"

"But Gabriel-"

"Also you can't call me that anymore" June stared at him like he was stupid now. "So I can't call you Gabriel?"

"Correct" He nodded at her "Most newsies have a nickname so if they get caught by the bulls or something. That means they don't know their identity"

"So what's your name now?" She asked curiously, understanding it all.

"Spot"

June laughed a little at his new name. She looked up at him "That sounds like a dogs name"

"Hey its great name" he playfully punched her "Also yeah that's how I got it saving the second in command, Jumpscare"

"What happened?"

"Em......"

Spot stood up and turned telling her about his story, this was one of the things June enjoyed most. Gabriel, or well, Spot telling her stories.

"Ok...I...em, so we just came out of the center, where we get out papes.  Thunder was telling us about something like meet at the docks"

June raised her hand "Who's Thunder?"

"He's the leader, but anyway. Em...eh..After he finshed what he was saying out of no where something was running to Jumpscare. It was only a second till the dog pounced on him"

"What did you do?" June asked on the edge of her seat, Spot just smirked and stepped closer to her.

"I...." Soon June was picked up by Spot over the shoulder and he ran and spun around the room "I ATTACKED HIM!"

June was laughing her head off by this "How you may ask? Well..Thunder has a pimp cane. So I quickly took it off him and saved Jumpscare"

June was then placed down next to Spot again after the story.

"You really did all of that!?"

"...yeah"

They were quiet for a while just enjoying each others company. June was played with his cap as her head rested on his arm. Spot was half asleep. She smiled at this but then asked "Spot you will visit won't you?"

He looked down at her with a smirk "Of course" Then he took his key necklace out "Promise"

"Promise"

Ok if people get confused by the key thing, basically in the 1992 movie Spot has a key around his neck. THOUGH this is the broadway newises I'm writing about.