Chapter 1: 1894

⚠Me from the future! The first couple of chapters is quite cheesy and messy. So don't be put off by it😂⚠

Gabriel shivered as the wind hit his face and keeping hold of his sisters hand. He was scared if he had to admit; everything had change a couple hours ago. Before then, he was happy: playing with toys, reading books, helping out and having an amazing family. Though all of that was gone now.

It was just a normal Tuesday night. He and his sister were playing around.

"Take that June!" Gabriel smiled sword fighting his 8 year old sister who also had a smile.

"You'll never win!" She shouted as she ran around the bedroom her hair flying around. Gabriel soon had a thought on how to win the game.

He stopped. June thought she had him at this point and was going to get him. Gabriel suddenly span around and tripped his sister over with his wooden sword.

"Ow!" June huffed as she sat on the floor. She fixed her outfit before looking up at her brother. "What's that move called?"

"The twisted crunch" Gabriel smiled proudly thinking of the name himself. June laughed at this, making him smirk with pride.

They were going to continue till they heard unknown vocies in the hall ways. They were going to leave it, seeing it could be nice people, but the vocies were harsh and nasty.

"I told you John you had a week. Now where is the money?" It was a deep vocie. It sounded like someone you didn't want to mess with. Though Gabriel felt calm hearing his father talk back to this man. "Can we deal with this another time Fellas? My kids are here and-"

"Oh I know John, also how I know you moved to Manhattan to get away from us!"

They soon heard a crash from the fall of a vase. Gabriel knew he had to see what was going on. He walked over to the key hole and saw a group of 5 men. His parents on the other side.

"Rick , please, we'll get it next week-"

Though Gabriel was shocked not hearing the end of his father's sentence. His fathers face changed and went pale. He looked down at his shirt. Gabriel did the same. All he could see was a sharp knife digging into his father's stomach.

"AHHHH"

His mother screamed after the attack and went to him, trying to see if there was anyway to help him.

"What's happening?" June asked. Gabriel covered her mouth knowing they shouldn't get caught. He didn't know what would happen to them if they did.

"AHH!"

Gabriel ran back to the door and really was sick of the sight he saw. He gulped as he tried to look brave in front of his sister.  Though sadly, both his parents were gone - covered in blood right behind the door.

Gabriel gulped and was shaking but was more scared when he heard the leader of the group say "Search the house take what you want, if you find the kids...well...just kill them"

"What was that. I heard a crash. I couldn't hear anything else. Gabriel where is mum and dad?"

Gabriel was met with many questions from June.  Gabriel didn't say anything but grab his and June's coat. "They're gone" He explained quickly buttoning it up. Gabriel didn't want to explain what he saw at all.

"Wait...they're missing?!" June was very confused at this point and was going to go back to check. She couldn't understand how or what they went missing. They were just getting stuff ready for bed.

"Don't" Gabriel whispered shouted and pulled her back and stared at her "Yes they're...missing. But we can't go back out there because....we just can't. ...We'll find them though I promise"

June looked at her feet and nodded tears forming from her eyes. She put her coat on as  well and was gonna climb the window till..

"WHO'S IN THERE?! OPEN UP!"

"RUN! !!!"

"What's happening?" June asked scared for her life. She couldn't understand what was happening. Gabriel just pushed her out of the window and onto the metal steps.

"Nothing...just...very very angry neighbours....yeah"

That's how Gabriel got here in front of the 'Manhattan orphanage for boys and girls' . Gabriel knew he needed to make a living, but his sister needed to stay somewhere for now.

June suggested the refuge but he knew he would never take her there. Once he knew a boy that he would see after church, he would get food from the nuns with his friends.

Stuart his name was, he was so nice and talked to Gabriel when he moved to Manhattan. Though, when he didn't show up one day Gabriel got worried. He asked and older kid what happened and he explained he was in the refuge.

Gabriel thought it was a good place till they explained the horror behind it all: three people sharing and old bed, bugs everywhere, barley food, it was a nightmare.

"Gabriel can't you stay with me as well?" June asked in her small vocie tearing up knowing she had to say bye to him.

He went next to her and explained like he did many of time "I would if I could. But I need to get money June. Think about if I start now we'll ready for the future: new house, new friends, new life , everything you can think of"

He then showed her his key around his neck. People might think it was weird but to him and June it meant everything.

Their dad gave Gabriel a key, that had been through the family for generations that opened special boxs to the family. June got a key locket from their mum that had pictures of the family.

"We both have these and this means we're never really alone" June nodded and hugged Gabriel tightly before he knocked the door. He smirked and poked her

"This is gonna be your new adventure"

Yes I know this is different than the one I had before but oh well 😅😅