Nandos

I sat in the dressing room alone, scrolling through Michaels twitter. When I had declined the invitation to sound check he had left me with instructions to run through twitter and ‘follow spree’. I had been searching for at least twenty minutes now, trying to find the most creative tweets and following the accounts. I couldn’t help but giggle at the ones who were desperately declaring their undying love for Michael and the other boys.

“What are you laughing at?” A heavy accent spoke from behind me, causing me to jump. “And, uh, who are you?” I turned around to see a blonde head of hair standing in the doorway and smiling at me.

“Uh, I’m Allie.” I threw him a small wave. “I’m a friend of Michael.” The boy gave me a knowing smile and walked over to me.

“The one who didn’t know who they were?” He laughed when I nodded and I could feel myself redden. “I’m Niall.” He grinned and I shook his outstretched hand.

“Nice to meet you.” I turned back to Michael’s phone as Niall sat down in the seat opposite me.

“Can I ask what’s so funny?” He enquired, leaning back in the seat and kicking his feet up on the coffee table. I turned the phone around so Niall could see the tweet.

“’I’d let Michael Clifford eat my banana any time’. Oh, sweet Jesus.” Niall laughed as I favourite the tweet and followed the girl.

“He left me in charge of his phone telling me to follow spree of whatever. So I’m finding the amusing ones.” Niall nodded appreciatively and then frowned.

“Why aren’t you watching sound check?” He asked and I shrugged.

“I wanted to wait for the concert. I’ve never heard them before.” Niall raised an eyebrow and I shut down Michael’s phone, quite done for the day.

“You’re friends with a band, but you’ve never heard them before?” I explained to Niall the situation and how I had only met Michael this morning. “Well you must have made quite the impression for them to bring you along. He did a very good job on your hair by the way.” I smiled and thanked him.

“I beat Michael at PlayStation.” I giggled. “I think that may have made a difference in the matter.” Niall looked positively impressed and peered over my shoulder as the door creaked open.

“Nialler, sound check.” I turned to see who was speaking and returned the curly haired boys smile. Niall said a quick goodbye and followed who I assumed to be Harry out of the room. I leaned back in the chair and was suddenly struck by how tired I was. I pulled up a cushion from the floor and curled up in the armchair so that my head was on the arm. I struggled to rationalize the rapid creation of Michael and I’s friendship. We had only met this morning and yet I felt like I had known the boy for a while.

“Oh my lord, Mikey, come here.” A soft voice stirred me and I must have fallen asleep while I waited for the boys to finish sound check. “Look, she’s asleep.” I could hear them whispering and was instantly awaiting whatever stupid thing they had planned. “A penguin. A penguin, Ash.” I could feel the bodies gather around me and I shot my eyes open to find Ashton crouched in front of me, pen in hand.

“Don’t you fucking dare, Ash.” He jumped backwards in fright and dropped the pen to the floor. The other boys laughed at his reaction and I rubbed my eyes as I sat up on the chair. I walked over to the mirror and groaned. I looked exactly as I expected. My hair was messed up on one side and my eyeliner was smudged down my cheek.

“Panda.” Luke chuckled, nudging me in the shoulder as he walked past.

“Shut up, Hemmo. Leave the girl alone.” Michael groaned, sitting down on the chair where I was before. I grabbed one of the brushes lying around and ran it through my hair.

“What time do you go on?” I asked no one in particular as I flicked the switch on the hair curler in the corner. I assumed it was Lou’s because as far as I could tell none of the boys curled their hair. At least, I hoped so. I wiped the smudged make up from my cheek and evened it up by running my fingers under my water line.

“7, I think.” Calum commented from his seat. “Ash?” Ashton nodded before bursting out laughing and turning his phone to me.

@Michael5SOS “@MikeysGirl: I would kill to go to a 5SOS concert.” SAME! I love them so much omg they’re my baes.

“That’s brilliant.” I grinned stupidly to Ash who simply shook his head in amusement and nodded to the heated curling iron. I ran the iron through my hair while the boys chatted about the nearing concert. It was strange trying to style my hair now it was so short. I was used to it taking forever but it had barley been two minutes and I was nearly done.

“If you’re done being a girl,” Michael grinned from one of the couches. “What the hell did you do on my twitter?” I threw him a wink and tossed his phone to him, relief washing over me when he caught it.

“I just followed a few people, retweeted, favourite, replied.” I laughed as Michael’s jaw dropped. “I mean once I finally figured out how to work it I had a bundle of fun.”

“You are not to be trusted.” He chuckled as he scrolled through his profile, discovering my comments. Michael shook his head and grabbed my arm as I walked past and pulled me onto his lap and his fingers quickly found their way to my ribs. I squealed as he tickled me relentlessly.

“Michael!” I screamed as I fell off the chair and onto the floor trying to escape.

“Oh yeah! Scream his name!” Luke laughed from the other side of the room causing us all to break out laughing. I flipped Luke off and scrambled back to my feet, brushing myself off.

“I hate you, Michael Clifford. I really do.” I giggled as I ran my fingers through my hair. Michael smiled and flung an arm over my shoulder.

“No you don’t.” Just as he gave me a small squeeze Niall burst through the door with a smile bigger than I thought possible.

“Bow to me.” Ashton ran over and took one of the bags out of Niall’s hand and held it triumphantly in the air. “NANDOS!” Niall cheered and set the bags down on the table. I scrunched my nose up and Luke must have noticed because his jaw dropped.

“You don’t like Nando’s?” He gasped and the room fell deadly silent as everyone stared at me. I rocked back on my heels and rubbed my hand up my arm.

“I don’t like spicy food.” I explained in a small voice and Niall pointed to the door.

“Get out.” His face was deadly serious and matched his tone. My mouth dropped open a little and I looked between Niall and the door before Michael chuckled and nudged my shoulder.

“He’d joking, Al.” I blushed and nodded.

“I knew that.” The boys rolled their eyes as more people piled in with more bags carrying different types of food. I was intermittently introduced to the One Direction boys and some of the crew. I silently thanked Liam for turning up with Burger King. The take aways were spread out across the coffee table and I squished up with Michael on one of the arm chairs while the noise slowly rose as the boys chatted.

“Are you okay?” Michael turned to me as I ripped a piece of my cheeseburger off. I nodded and smiled up at him, nudging him in the shoulder with mine. “You eat weird.” He observed as I put the piece of burger in my mouth and chewed. I scowled at him as I swallowed.

“Do not.” I countered, ripping off another piece. “Leave me alone.”

“You eat weird!” Calum confirmed from the other side of Michael who was now shoving peri peri chips in his face. I frowned and focused on my cheeseburger, listening in on some of the more interesting conversations.

“Are you going to watch from side stage? Or do you want to go down in the mosh?” Michael asked, his arm resting along the back of the chair.

“I’ll stand side stage.” I confirmed, not overly keen of the idea of being surrounded by so many people. Michael nodded and I downed the remaining sips of my cola before tossing the cup in the near by bin.

“It’s time to start warming up.” An older man appeared in the doorway and all the boys were on their feet in seconds.

“Show time.” Ashton winked and a flood of excitement washed over me.