Something I Need to Tell You

I couldn't believe it. How could I have missed him. How could I have fallen a sleep just like that? I was so determined. I told myself to stay awake and wait for him. No matter how long.  

"Urgh...!" I groaned, pulling on my hair in frustration. The blame is all on me. 

Now, he won't be here coming home tonight. So it would mean I couldn't try waiting for him again. How long will he be away? I have to know. 

I'm not keen about heading to work today. Doing the job I love is wonderful, but something was more important to me right now. And that was Devin. I had to figure out my next course of action. I need to talk to him. I need to tell him that I'm sorry.  

However, no matte how much I didn't want to go. I went to the bakery anyway. I had too, I was the only one with the keys, who could open it. 

But it was clear by my sullen face, that I didn't want to be there. It showed enough to Melanie, for her to guess that we Devin and I failed to make up. It makes me mad, knowing I had a chance to fix it but blew it. 

"So did things work out?" Melanie asked.

"No, nothing happened. I waited for him but I fell a sleep by the time he got home." I grumbled. Still very displeased with myself, "But he won't be home tonight, because he has some work to do. He didn't state how long though." 

Melanie nodded. "Then I guess you just have to wait."

"That's the thing, I can't wait. I just can't.... I don't want to lose him." Losing Roan was bad. But to lose Devin will mean the death for me.

"Calm down Ethan, you haven't lost him." she shook her head, "You both just had a little disagreement, that doesn't mean the end of your relationship."

"Yeah... well it feels like it is," I mumbled. 

Melanie sighed. "If that's how you feel, then ask the firm and find out where he is and go to him. Whining about it here won't solve anything." 

"Yeah, you're probably right." I wanted to slap myself from not thinking of such an obvious plan, instead of moping about my stupid failure.  

"Make sure to take some more goodies with you. You can use it as your bargaining chip." Melanie winked. 

I chuckled. That would probably work. It was a Wednesday. I had to go to Rovern Firm anyway. This time. I'll make sure to take a little more extra. Like Melanie said, some incentive to get the info that I need to get my plan into motion. 

Wasting no time, I Strolled to the office filled with a purpose. I made quick work getting to the place with everything at hand. 

Rose was sitting at her desk and when she saw me coming through the door, she came quickly to help. 

"Oh my, you brought more than usual," she exclaimed. Seeing an extra box added to the promised amount.

"Its a little extra, because there something I wanted to ask." 

"Ok...? Sure," She said with an inquisitive look.

"Can you tell me where Devin is, by any chance." Rose went quiet as she was thinking about the answer. 

"He's heading to your hometown of Harbor Dove," said Mr. Scron, appearing suddenly behind a wall.

He was heading to my town, for what though? "Why is he heading there?" 

"Did he ever tell you that yesterday Simon, our young intern, got himself in an accident and has to be hospitalized for about a month. And because Devin is his senior, he is left with having to deal with your family's case in its entirety."