:Believe Me, I'm Lying: 7

It was almost eight o'clock by the time I stumbled into Will's apartment. Shock spread across Will's face as he came into the living room, where I was standing, still in my dirty clothing. After a moment, a grin made its way onto Will's face.

"Rough first day?"

"You have no idea," I muttered, peeling my shirt away from my skin. "Where's Elliot?"

"Sleeping," Will informed me, his eyes raking up and down my body. "You're a mess..."

"I had no idea," I responded sarcastically, trying to stay as still as possible. "I'm flaking, so I'm going to go take a shower quickly and change. When I come back, I expect you to have a nice pot of chicken soup on the stove for me."

"Yes your majesty," Will responded with a deep bow. "Don't... flake too much on my carpet, please."

With a wave of the hand and a chuckle, I left Will's apartment and headed to my own, pulling my house key out from my purse. Home was a welcoming sight. I stepped into my apartment, a sigh escaping my lips. Today had been a long day...

It had taken over five hours for the six of us to clean the whole classroom. Tucker and the rest of the students never came back, but I hadn't expected them to. Oh well, it was their detention time, not mine. I kicked off my shoes, and made a beeline for the shower.

The warm water ran down my back and I relaxed my muscles, letting the grime be washed off my body. My back hurt especially from all the scrubbing... I shuddered at the memory. There definitely could not be a repeat of today.

Zak's words entered my mind and I frowned. Arden and Oliver were school gang leaders? Those existed? Well, it was a delinquent's school... but still! Why my class? A scowl appeared on my face. I needed this job! If I got fired because of those two...

I shook my head. I wouldn't get fired because it wouldn't be my fault. And who knows? Maybe things would get better. After all, today was only the first day. And Zak had had been pretty helpful... Hopefully at least half the class would be under control. I only had to worry about Arden's half...

Zak had explained that only seniors were part of the gang, and there were only about fifteen people in each gang, which was comforting. But I had still ended up with a class with half from Arden's group and half from Oliver's group. It was definitely going to be a year to remember.

I had a feeling Oliver was going to be the hardest person to deal with, but luckily Zak, the supposed second in command, was easy to get along with. Arden seemed like the teasing type, so it was difficult to tell with him. Tucker didn't seem like a nice person at all. Another sigh left my mouth. Why me?

After washing my hair and body, I jumped out of the shower and quickly dried off. Crossing the hall to my bedroom, I grabbed a pair of pajama pants and an over sized t-shirt from my dresser and threw them on. I yanked a hairbrush through my damp hair a few times before heading back over to Will's.

"Just in time," I heard him call from the kitchen as I opened the door. "You're soup is done."

"Oh, tha-" I started, but was cut off by a loud, high-pitched noise.

"Pig!" Elliot squealed, running up to me, and wrapping his arms around my waist. "How was your day?"

"Um, exciting," I responded, smiling wryly. Exciting wasn't even the half of it...

"I'd love to hear about it over some soup," Will said, appearing by the kitchen door. "Care to join me?"

"I haven't eaten since about 11:30 this morning, I'd love to," I responded, scooping Elliot off the ground and carrying him to the kitchen with me. "What'd you do today, bud?"